akc

People who PRE-ordered after 1 May...

Thu May 31, 2012 8:05 am

Sadly I "expressed my interest" in having RPi long after February had gone by. No, it's not because I didn't KNOW about the Pi or wasn't at all interested. I DID hear about it. I THOUGHT it'd be cool having one. I thought I'd get one "eventually". I just didn't know the line was so long :(

Regardless I've been kicking myself for not having gone back to those lousy websites, press Reload a million times, and somehow squeeze through (no pun intended).

So anyone on the same boat? When do you expect to get your Pi? What have you been doing meanwhile?

I don't expect to get mine till the end of the year.

HerpaMoTeH

Re: People who PRE-ordered after 1 May...

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:50 am

Same here :) I expect it to be here around August or September maybe .

art san

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:13 am

Hi akc, I ordered recently, past few days.......from Newark I think. I'm in the US.
Entered my credit card info as it was requested...... OK, here it comes.....the delivery
date i received from them is August 16th........Pretty sure it's not written in stone.
Hoping for the best though.

I also tried Allied Electronics, the US arm of RS. Here I was only allowed to enter my name
and e-mail address as they had no stock on hand. They promised faithfully to let me know when stock was on hand.

Hope that helps.
Art.

DuncanKennedy

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Don't hold your breath waiting for information or delivery from Allied Electronics.

I expressed interest with them on March 3rd, and actually ordered a Pi on March 5th. Other than the (sort of) once a month eMail saying essentially 'we have your order, don't bother us' I'm still waiting for some some of life. (sorry, I know this post is about pre-ordering after May 1st, but I mention this just to illustrate the company's communication skills)

Hope your results are better.
Duncan
The mind is an infinite resource, provided you don't waste it!

Blaster391

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 pm

I think it may be a while, I expressed an interest at around 11AM on release day, invited to order around 3 weeks ago. No news since, I have a feeling they have a lot to deal with and the back log will be rather large.

Michael Meissner

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:38 pm

FWIW, I registered an interest with RS online on March 9th, and got the mail on May 23rd to order, and the confirmation of my order on the 24th when I ordered it. Obviously, I don't have it yet, but it sounds like they are working through the backlog. Note, in order to order you need the activation code that they send you in the email from registering interest.

Return to “General discussion”