I'm completely new to rasberry, but for my new project I needed a board which could process audio.
My project is a scalemodel of uss constitution in an interactive diorama. Light, sounds, etc.
Using light-conducting fibers I managed to light up the cannon's as if they were shooting.
What I want to use the Raspberry for is
1. Play music (drunken sailor,...)
2. Play ocean Sound
3. Play voice sound effects (like Fire!.., Lower Main Sails, Captain speeches)
4. Play cannon sound effects (A big boom)
5. GPIO synchronous with several sound effects (While the sound for the cannonshot is playing, flicker or blink the lights inside the cannon. Another example : when lightning is simulated, flash a light and play a thundersound.
6. GPIO controlling servo's, there are 2 servo's under the ship, which will simulate waves
So basically I want to control both GPIO and Soundfiles at the same time, is this possible? and how?
For the cannons I was thinking about using some basic electronic circuits, I only need one channel (right) of audio, so I could use the left channel as signal for the lights. Using a low-pass filter and some opamps varying the intensity of the lights.