coder2013

good power supply for graphical application to fit behind TV

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:25 pm

What would be a good power supply and case to be used to hide the raspberry pi behind a shallow wall TV mount? The power supply would need to be able to supply enough power to the pi to handle a heavy graphics application.

CAP_Cadet

Re: good power supply for graphical application to fit behin

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:41 pm

Are you using any peripherals, and if so, are you using a USB hub with them? Once I get your answer I can comment better on a supply.
In general, a 5V 1Amp mini-USB supply works well enough. I'm running a pretty heavy project, so I juice the Pi from a powered hub connected to the Pi using a 5V 2.1Amp DC supply (I'm running WiFi stick, keyboard and mouse, and a bunch of GPIO pins). Hope this helps :)
Joseph Anand

coder2013

Re: good power supply for graphical application to fit behin

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:45 pm

There may be a keyboard and a mouse in unusual situtations. most times I think it will be running without input devices to maintain a clean appearance behind the tv. I was hoping to fit everything behind the TV, and as this my first project with the PI, I was hoping to get better input than mine to ensure a stable long term use of this config.

Suggestions on the actual power supply and case would be welcome too. :) Since I am new to this and would like the ones I use to be a nice quality.

Return to “General discussion”