Sparon

Syncing iPhone with Raspberry Pi?

Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:38 am

Is there any application that will sync music, movies, etc. to my iphone. I know there are non-apple applications that do this for intel systems (linux users have to use these third party alternatives or use wine), but I have not found any for the RPi. It would be kind of cool if it could do that as well. If it can I might just stop lugging my laptop from work to home and just leave it at work, and use my raspberry pi at home.

Another alternative is if someone could figure out how to run itunes on the Pi. From what I could find, its extremely difficult, and even if you get it working it will be so slow its impossible to use. If anyone knows a way to make it work good that would solve this aswell

SkywalkerSW5

Re: Syncing iPhone with Raspberry Pi?

Fri May 17, 2019 4:04 pm

There is Rhythmbox, but I am pretty sure that it only works with old iPods. I tried it with my iPhone 6S, but it didn't work. I am working on an app to try and sync iPhone, so I will post again when I am finished.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Syncing iPhone with Raspberry Pi?

Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Sparon wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:38 am
Is there any application that will sync music, movies, etc. to my iphone. I know there are non-apple applications that do this for intel systems (linux users have to use these third party alternatives or use wine), but I have not found any for the RPi. It would be kind of cool if it could do that as well. If it can I might just stop lugging my laptop from work to home and just leave it at work, and use my raspberry pi at home.

Another alternative is if someone could figure out how to run itunes on the Pi. From what I could find, its extremely difficult, and even if you get it working it will be so slow its impossible to use. If anyone knows a way to make it work good that would solve this aswell

AFAIAA libimobile is the most up to date for iOS

https://www.libimobiledevice.org/

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/lib ... device-dev
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Stretch.

Return to “General discussion”