ZacharyIgielman

Poster Competition?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:39 pm

I, as well asapparently several thousand other kids, entered the recent Raspberry Pi Poster Competition. I'm not sure if I am the only one, or if no one has heard anything about their reward.

On the 21/1/14, they said:
Update 21/1/14: Thanks for all of your entries, we’ve been overwhelmed by the quality and inventiveness of them. We’ve also been (literally) overwhelmed by the sheer number so please bear with us, this is one of the busiest times of the year for us and it will take some time to process. We will announce what’s happening in the next week or so but in the meantime we are unable to enter into correspondence about entries, either in the comments or via email. We’re not being rude, just pragmatic! Watch this space.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/5792

It has now been well over a week since then, and I've still heard nothing. If you have entered the competition, do you know any more than I? It's just frustrating being in the unknown, I'd just like them to say they've been delayed and they'll send out our rewards or be in touch personally by X date. I don't have a problem with how long it could take, I'd just like to know, anyways, I could've misspelt my address or email and that's why they can't contact me so I'd just like to know if you're in the same boat, if they've contacted you or if you know anything more about what's going on with this competition?

Thanks,
Zachary Igielman

PS I'm not angry or upset at the foundation, I know they've got a lot to deal with here, but I'd like to know what's going on, hate being in the unknown.
Don't be mean, I'm only fifteen :D

Craynerd

Re: Poster Competition?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi, it is great you entered the competition but I have to disappoint and tell you I got an email 2 weeks ago saying that I HAD won some raspis - however that said I have not received anything yet. (I am curious to hijack the thread and ask if anyone has received theirs yet?)
I entered on behalf of the school I WORK for and the students I teach. I didn't realise that the comp was open to individual entries!

ZacharyIgielman

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Craynerd wrote:Hi, it is great you entered the competition but I have to disappoint and tell you I got an email 2 weeks ago saying that I HAD won some raspis - however that said I have not received anything yet. (I am curious to hijack the thread and ask if anyone has received theirs yet?)
I entered on behalf of the school I WORK for and the students I teach. I didn't realise that the comp was open to individual entries!
This is exactly why I asked. I got no email. How did you enter? I was an email entry. I know they got my entry as it was in the video, but I need to know if I should've been contacted, because I wasn't, so I can tell them.
Don't be mean, I'm only fifteen :D

Craynerd

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:30 pm

I must admit, I entered a while back. If I remember correctly there was the poster entry or as a teacher you could enter details on how you had done an hour of coding with your students. I entered this way, simply showing what we had done with some evidence. Maybe in am confusing the issue and these are two different competitions? - that said this is definitely google sponsored that I entered! Sorry... Maybe we are talking about two different comps?

jdb
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Please stand by for further announcements:

Getting 1000s of Pis out to poster competition entrants that were accepted is taking longer than we first anticipated, primarily due to the number of entries received vastly exceeding our expectations.
Rockets are loud.
https://astro-pi.org

lad

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:24 am

Nothing about the competition for me too :?:

Return to “General discussion”