normalocity

Raspberry Pi reliability numbers

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:01 pm

I was wondering if anyone is doing any kind of reliability numbers or analysis - that is - is there already a web site out there that publishes either lab tests or crowd-sourced reliability numbers for the pi, various power supplies, and/or SD card by brand & model?

I realize most people are using the RPi as a hobby or teaching tool, so this is more of a curiosity than anything else.

JoeDaStudd

Re: Raspberry Pi reliability numbers

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 pm

This is probably the closest thing I'm aware of.
http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Raspberry Pi reliability numbers

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 pm

normalocity wrote:I was wondering if anyone is doing any kind of reliability numbers or analysis - that is - is there already a web site out there that publishes either lab tests or crowd-sourced reliability numbers for the pi, various power supplies, and/or SD card by brand & model?

I realize most people are using the RPi as a hobby or teaching tool, so this is more of a curiosity than anything else.
The Foundation have some approximate numbers for returned/failed devices. Last I heard the in field reliability was well above the average for this sort of device (i.e. much better than 1 in 1000 failures). Sort of stands to reason since the device is inherently very simple, with very few failure points.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Return to “General discussion”