Montala

Re: Farnell Shipping

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:42 pm

I have (literally) just received an email from Farnell/Element14 to advise me that my Pi has now been shipped.

Having read that they were using Royal Mail 2nd class service I was pleasantly surprised to be given a UPS tracking reference, which hopefully means that I will receive it tomorrow.

As I am in the U.K. I am assuming that it will be shipped from a local (rather than an international) warehouse.

jj2127

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Good to hear. Hope you have fun with it when it arrives

Montala

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Thank you... I am sure I will!

It wasn't actually delivered until just after 4 pm... a bit later than I had hoped, and it doesn't now look as if I am going to be able to spend any serious time with it until Thursday. :(

I should be able to get a few SD cards prepared in the meantime though!

... oh, and by the way, they did also include the promised t-shirt! :D

jj2127

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Montala wrote:... oh, and by the way, they did also include the promised t-shirt! :D
I wish i had read the email properly. I missed out on the shirt. Gutted about it :(

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:37 pm

I wouldn't be too gutted. (I refused to wear one at Maker Faire on the grounds that it'd ruin my distributor neutrality. And what I won't wear isn't cool.)
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

jj2127

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 pm

liz wrote:I wouldn't be too gutted. (I refused to wear one at Maker Faire on the grounds that it'd ruin my distributor neutrality. And what I won't wear isn't cool.)
I wouldnt have worn mine much either, just lazy days at home :) would have liked to have one though as they were only offered to a limited number of people. Still proud to say that I got one of the first few thousands raspberry pis :D

Crashedfiesta2

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:09 am

Yay! Got a confirmed shipping date from the Farnell sales guys of 26th June so it should (post permitting) be with me before the end of June.

After all this my wife has told me I'm not allowed to play until my birthday. :( So I still have to wait until 21st July...

zippity

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:01 pm

@Crashedfiesta When did you order yours?

Montala

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm

jj2127 wrote:
Montala wrote:... oh, and by the way, they did also include the promised t-shirt! :D
I wish i had read the email properly. I missed out on the shirt. Gutted about it :(
Email... what email? ;)

I ordered mine by phone on 7th March, but can't remember whether I was just offered the t-shirt, or if I had to ask for it.
The nice sales lady assured me at the time though that I would receive one with my order... and I did! :)

walleee

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:09 pm

zippity wrote:@Crashedfiesta When did you order yours?
yep also keen to know this.

I've had mine a few weeks now but made an order for two more very recently, but I have no idea of waiting times just now.... was hoping they'd have improved...

PiRat

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:29 pm

I ordered mine on the 2nd of March ticked the tee shirt box, got a email on the 17th march to comfirm order, 27th march got a email to say that it will be delivered before end of June. Gave up holding my breath in may. Bit much that people who ordered after have already got theirs. :evil: :D

Crashedfiesta

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:12 am

@zipity I ordered on 31st March after I received the email from Farnell saying I could pre-order. By my reckoning that's 13 weeks from order to despatch (or thereabouts).

I'm in the UK (if that's relevant :) ).

Crashedfiesta

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:15 am

Crashedfiesta wrote:@zipity I ordered on 31st March after I received the email from Farnell saying I could pre-order. By my reckoning that's 13 weeks from order to despatch (or thereabouts).

I'm in the UK (if that's relevant :) ).
Just noticed I've managed to end up with two forum accounts...oops.

dmnkhhn

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 pm

PiRat wrote:I ordered mine on the 2nd of March ticked the tee shirt box, got a email on the 17th march to comfirm order, 27th march got a email to say that it will be delivered before end of June. Gave up holding my breath in may. Bit much that people who ordered after have already got theirs. :evil: :D
I guess we are in the same boat. I ordered on April 2nd but no Pi so far… :evil:

Their last delivery update is from April 27th that's well over a month ago. Don't even try to contact them. Their replies are auto-generated and they obviously don't read the messages in their "support" forum. :cry:

zippity

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 pm

That's weird. I ordered March 30 and have not even received a delivery date. It does seem like UK orders are favoured. (Netherlands here)

Phil Spiegel

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:54 am

zippity wrote:That's weird. I ordered March 30 and have not even received a delivery date. It does seem like UK orders are favoured. (Netherlands here)
Phil: On the contrary! If you ordered via the CPC part of Farnell, as I did, amongst others, because of having an account, and their site was not 'down' on the 29th. my order for which details were taken by phone from CPC (possibly a day or 2 later) ... and we are all apparently having to wait until the end of June before ANY CPC orders are met! --- (This is because 'Farnell' are not apparently supplying any to their 'CPC' side, until the end of June - resulting in unhappy CPC staff (and disappointed customers, too

Beanz

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 pm

dmnkhhn wrote:
PiRat wrote:I ordered mine on the 2nd of March ticked the tee shirt box, got a email on the 17th march to comfirm order, 27th march got a email to say that it will be delivered before end of June. Gave up holding my breath in may. Bit much that people who ordered after have already got theirs. :evil: :D
I guess we are in the same boat. I ordered on April 2nd but no Pi so far… :evil:

Their last delivery update is from April 27th that's well over a month ago. Don't even try to contact them. Their replies are auto-generated and they obviously don't read the messages in their "support" forum. :cry:
Your order is nearly a month after the guy you're quoting! plus the email we all received (i ordered on 1st April) states that delivery will be before end of June and that the next correspondance we'd receive would be shipping date which going on what people above are saying shouldn't be too long now as a guy who ordered at end of March has just got his.

Montala

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Beanz wrote:Your order is nearly a month after the guy you're quoting! plus the email we all received (i ordered on 1st April) states that delivery will be before end of June and that the next correspondance we'd receive would be shipping date which going on what people above are saying shouldn't be too long now as a guy who ordered at end of March has just got his.
I think we have to be careful in what we mean by 'ordered', as it can mean different things to different people, and also whether you ordered from Farnell or RS.

For example. both companies initially asked customer to express an interest, which does NOT equate to placing a firm order, although from quite early in March it was possible to place an actual order with Farnell, whereas RS would not allow you to do so until you received an email with an 'activation code', when you were then told you would have to wait another 3-8 weeks before you would receive your order.

I am not personally aware of anyone placing an order with Farnell at the end of March, who hadn't previously expressed an interest, having already received their order... unless of course you know different!

Beanz

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Montala wrote:
Beanz wrote:Your order is nearly a month after the guy you're quoting! plus the email we all received (i ordered on 1st April) states that delivery will be before end of June and that the next correspondance we'd receive would be shipping date which going on what people above are saying shouldn't be too long now as a guy who ordered at end of March has just got his.
I think we have to be careful in what we mean by 'ordered', as it can mean different things to different people, and also whether you ordered from Farnell or RS.

For example. both companies initially asked customer to express an interest, which does NOT equate to placing a firm order, although from quite early in March it was possible to place an actual order with Farnell, whereas RS would not allow you to do so until you received an email with an 'activation code', when you were then told you would have to wait another 3-8 weeks before you would receive your order.

I am not personally aware of anyone placing an order with Farnell at the end of March, who hadn't previously expressed an interest, having already received their order... unless of course you know different!
Eh !?!

I said he'd just got his SHIPPING DATE !

Everything i said was based on this thread being about Farnells Shipping hence its title.

Montala

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Sorry... my bad... I read "...has just got his." as "...has just got his Raspberry Pi.", rather than "...has just got his shipping date."! :oops:

The rest of what I said was correct though... it was just in the wrong context! :roll:

s2t2

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:04 pm

I ordered from France on Farnell web site, on 2 march, and juste recieved a mail to inform that my Raspberry Pi is on the way over the Channel !
I'm running to prepare my SD card ...

Stephane

jj2127

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:01 pm

s2t2 wrote:I ordered from France on Farnell web site, on 2 march, and juste recieved a mail to inform that my Raspberry Pi is on the way over the Channel !
I'm running to prepare my SD card ...

Stephane
It is strange how i ordered mine on the same day but got it 2 weeks before you :?:

s2t2

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:38 pm

jj2127 wrote:It is strange how i ordered mine on the same day but got it 2 weeks before you :?:
You lucky guy ! :roll:

jj2127

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:06 pm

s2t2 wrote:
jj2127 wrote:It is strange how i ordered mine on the same day but got it 2 weeks before you :?:
You lucky guy ! :roll:
I know right. :D Unfornately i havent been able to use it much due to very important exams :(

s2t2

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:16 pm

It arrived today :P
Let's go testing ! ! !

Return to “General discussion”