frolen13

PiBMC Netflix

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Ok so I want to watch netflix but it is not on any add-on lists but there has to be a netflix plugin out there because Me Needs some Doctor who! :D
-Collin

ghans

Re: PiBMC Netflix

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 pm

• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

frolen13

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:23 pm

-Collin

ghans

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:36 am

Pretty much.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

mikerr

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am

Doctor Who is on iplayer, and pi can do that.
(May need some messing if outside uk)
Xbmc can do hulu too

JoeDaStudd

Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Its worth reading the recent post on Raspbmc, this is the relevant section.
First of all, as people keep asking about it. Netflix. This will indeed come to Raspbmc soon. As some of you have been curious as to how this is achieved I’ll briefly explain here. Another PC will unfortunately be needed to stream it. This PC will play the stream and capture the Netflix window, which will then be streamed over the network to the Pi. Although this sounds a little clumsy, it’s not that bad. You’re still able to browse all the Netflix content from your Pi, and when you select a video, your PCs browser will be opened, but playback will appear on your TV instead of your desktop. The issue that I am currently having is that I have no way of pausing, fast forwarding or rewinding the stream, so I need to think about how that can be made possible.
I wouldn't hold my breath, but it looks like something is in the works even if it does require a backend Windows/Mac computer.

ghans

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:30 pm

That's interesting , because PlayOns Netflix support seems to
be currently broken on XBMC . Which worked pretty much the
same as Sams proposed method , i guess.

ghans

Return to “General discussion”