mavpi

Servoblaster invalid width specified

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:35 am

I am using servoblaster to run 2 servos on my model B board. I want to turn one pin off, but when I send the pin a width of 0, to switch it off, I get an error saying 'invalid specified length'. I can't use killall since I need the second servo to keep running. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

joan

Re: Servoblaster invalid width specified

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:20 am

Post your code (preferably with

Code: Select all

quotes).

ame

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:27 am

According to the f(ine) documentation, there is a limit of 50us on the minimum length of the servo pulse, so 0 is invalid. You can overwrite this lower limit if you want to. Also, there is a configurable time-out, after which, if there is no change in commanded pulse width then servoblaster will stop sending pulses.

Maybe one of these options is what you want?

joan

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:57 am

ame wrote:According to the f(ine) documentation, there is a limit of 50us on the minimum length of the servo pulse, so 0 is invalid. You can overwrite this lower limit if you want to. Also, there is a configurable time-out, after which, if there is no change in commanded pulse width then servoblaster will stop sending pulses.

github suggests this is a temporary problem which will be fixed. I'm fairly sure 0 was used to switch the servo off.

joan

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:01 am

Download again. It was fixed yesterday.

ame

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:04 am

joan wrote:
ame wrote:According to the f(ine) documentation, there is a limit of 50us on the minimum length of the servo pulse, so 0 is invalid. You can overwrite this lower limit if you want to. Also, there is a configurable time-out, after which, if there is no change in commanded pulse width then servoblaster will stop sending pulses.

github suggests this is a temporary problem which will be fixed. I'm fairly sure 0 was used to switch the servo off.
Ah, I see that. There was a commit yesterday. OP, do you have the latest?

mavpi

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:43 pm

I downloaded mine last week. I know there is a 50ms minimum, but the documentation states that to switch a pin off, you send it a width of '0'.

ame

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:35 am

mavpi wrote:I downloaded mine last week. I know there is a 50ms minimum, but the documentation states that to switch a pin off, you send it a width of '0'.
That is correct, but there was a bug that was fixed on January 3rd, specifically for that feature. You should download the latest version.

mavpi

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:39 am

ame wrote: That is correct, but there was a bug that was fixed on January 3rd, specifically for that feature. You should download the latest version.
I did. It works perfectly now. Thanks.

Return to “General discussion”