Pikachu47

ScummVM

Mon May 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Anybody managed to get this going? I click on it and it does nothing.
I noticed there was both a scummvm and a scummvm-data package. Don't if it has any other related packages.

My Day of the Tentacle CD is waiting to be copied across!

I noticed there was a beneath a steel sky package and tried that too put it imagine it has just put the game files somewhere for when i get ScummVM going.

apt-get install beneath-a-steel-sky
(80mb download so get partioning.)

stevepdp

Re: ScummVM

Mon May 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Bare with me on this as I currently haven't got access to my Pi.

When I was testing ScummVM with the same game a few weeks ago, I too noticed that it wouldn't launch from the normal game menu under LXDE. It would however, from the "other" menu.

The path to the launchers should be /usr/games/scummvm and /usr/games/sky, so typing them from a terminal should work for you if the above doesn't.

The rest of the data should be available under /usr/share/scummvm/

I'll double check when I get home just to be sure this info is correct.

amyren

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:09 am

I just installed scummvm and the beneath a steel sky packages on my raspian (latest available image with updates).
The ScummVM GUI starts ok from the menu, but I havent tried to add any games to the GUI yet.
But the game Beneath a Steel sky have its own listing in the game menu, and it launches ok from there. Runs here with sound and animations working.

I did try to apt-get a few other known scummvm games, but either I spelled them worng or thy arent available for direct download.
Anyone have a list of scummvm games available in the repo?

Jim JKla

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 am

I seem to remember the original Monkey Island was a scumm game.

This may be wishfull thinking. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

amyren

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:40 am

Jim JKla wrote:I seem to remember the original Monkey Island was a scumm game.

Lots of scummvm games out there. I just tested Monkey Island 1 and 2, and they both work ok.
Some games are free to download from the scummvm homepage, like druscula and lure of the temptress.
Monkey island you must find elsewhere..

Chuckaluphagus

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:13 pm

amyren wrote:
Jim JKla wrote:I seem to remember the original Monkey Island was a scumm game.

Lots of scummvm games out there. I just tested Monkey Island 1 and 2, and they both work ok.
Some games are free to download from the scummvm homepage, like druscula and lure of the temptress.
Monkey island you must find elsewhere..
Monkey Island 1 and 2 are definitely both ScummVM games, but they've never been released on any of the legal game download services. I've gotten both to run perfectly under ScummVM on a Nintendo DS, a much lower-power device than the Raspberry Pi. If you want to buy the games on disc, both of them come on this CD (that's the copy I have).

Tirpitz

Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:33 pm

I also have tested this program on my Pi. I played game Dragon History, known at Czech players as Dračí historie.

Return to “General discussion”