TheCrazyInventor

Re: Any word from Farnell?

Thu May 24, 2012 10:46 am

Just got an invoice via email. £24,45 for the pi, £2,70 freight charges and £4,91 VAT giving a total of £32,16 (which is about €40,12).
"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does" -M

faker_

Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 pm

My 29/02 6am order is still not moving anywhere.
Support team didn't answer my mails in March asking if my order was OK in their system since it showed 2 Pies in my order status page, but I only ordered one (and got only confirmation for one via e-Mail).
Contacted them again, again no answer.
I will never buy anything via Farnell again.

stevepdp

Thu May 24, 2012 2:32 pm

faker_ wrote:Contacted them again, again no answer.
Have you tried calling them?

It may be that your emails simply aren't getting through.

faker_

Thu May 24, 2012 2:50 pm

stevepdp wrote: Have you tried calling them?
I tried their twitter support in the meantime. No response apart from "Follow us and DM us your data".
Which I've done, no response after that again.

I had one of these live chats on their site now.
The agent said that their internal systems shows the expected delivery is in week 31 (?!?) for my order.
She also told me that the German office can't help, I need to contact the UK support.
I will not call a UK number as that phone call would probably be more expensive than the Pi itself.

I wrote the UK guys a mail now and thats it. I'm giving up.

wob86

Thu May 24, 2012 3:25 pm

FYI Week 31 is the last week in July

GrahamC

Thu May 24, 2012 5:48 pm

I have also just received the "your order has been shipped" email. I ordered in the late evening of the 3'rd of March, so it looks like that is where they have reached in the orders queue.

ArborealSeer

Thu May 24, 2012 6:04 pm

my g/f says my pi is waiting for me at home.. with the weather how it is don't know when i'll first fire it up properly!

first port of call..
1 card - with squeeze on and vnc or rdp
2nd card - raspbmc with vnc or rdp to control via constellation
Pi Status > Farnell, Arrived 24/5- RS, Arrived 1/6

fossks

Thu May 24, 2012 6:20 pm

GrahamC,
I would say you are right but something about Farnell isn't following common sense. There are many of us who ordered on launch day, 29 Feb and still have received any feedback on our orders or even a shipping date.

drgeoff

Thu May 24, 2012 7:08 pm

GrahamC wrote:I have also just received the "your order has been shipped" email. I ordered in the late evening of the 3'rd of March, so it looks like that is where they have reached in the orders queue.
My order is timed at 1825 on 3 March with order confirmation number 165537xx and is still showing exactly the same status as it was that evening. I have had no communication whatsoever from Farnell UK about this order. They have my correct email address and phone number from my pre-existing account with them.

grumpyoldgit

Thu May 24, 2012 7:33 pm

drgeoff wrote:
GrahamC wrote:I have also just received the "your order has been shipped" email. I ordered in the late evening of the 3'rd of March, so it looks like that is where they have reached in the orders queue.
My order is timed at 1825 on 3 March with order confirmation number 165537xx and is still showing exactly the same status as it was that evening. I have had no communication whatsoever from Farnell UK about this order. They have my correct email address and phone number from my pre-existing account with them.
Interesting. My order 165519xx is timed at 16:20 on 3rd March.
I've had several updates; 4th March, 6th March; 20th March; 30th March; then the one on 27th April that virtually everyone received.
Yesterday I received a further email to say my Pi had been despatched. At about the same time several changes also occurred on my account.
Are you really trying to say that from 3rd March, when you pressed the button you have had nothing from Farnell at all?

drgeoff

Thu May 24, 2012 7:49 pm

grumpyoldgit wrote:
drgeoff wrote:
I've had several updates; 4th March, 6th March; 20th March; 30th March; then the one on 27th April that virtually everyone received.
Yesterday I received a further email to say my Pi had been despatched. At about the same time several changes also occurred on my account.
Are you really trying to say that from 3rd March, when you pressed the button you have had nothing from Farnell at all?
Yes, I am saying that I've had absolutely nothing from Farnell since pressing the button. (And yes I do check my spam folder every few days to see if there is anything other than Kudzu's offers, "special pills", etc.)

fossks

Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 pm

I personally have received the generic emails. My order status has shown Backordered since 29 Feb.
I'll keep saying it's rather unfair to have ordered days before some of you but still have no shipping date.

faker_

Thu May 24, 2012 8:05 pm

The @element14 twitter guys replied to me, they said:
"Hi, Sorry for the late reply, you are due to receive your RaspPi by the end of May....
We understand everyone is eager for their RaspPi & we are working very hard to fulfil all orders.
However as we have been receiving orders through all our business units globally their maybe some slight local variants
in order processing. We continue to appreciate your patience. Thanks"

FYI: since I ordered on 29/02 I only got one update e-Mail (27/04) - nothing else.

drgeoff

Thu May 24, 2012 11:51 pm

grumpyoldgit wrote:
drgeoff wrote:
I've just now checked my bank account and unlike yesterday morning when the the difference between "Current Balance" and "Available Balance" was zero it is now £29.46. That figure exactly equals the £24.55 + £4.91 VAT shown on the Farnell website against my order using a debit card. So, despite no communication of any kind from Farnell since I clicked the order button on 3 March, it looks like something is happening. And the "Line Status" has changed from "Back order" to "Processing" since I looked a few hours ago. :D

Would be coincidence if the RS and Farnell ones arrived on the same day!

0rphu

Fri May 25, 2012 8:19 am

The week commencing with May 21st is slowly but surely ending. My card was charged 3 days ago. Oh Pi, where art thou?

DavidBullock

Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 am

I have received my order has been dispatched email from Farnell.
Ordered on evening of 3rd March.
Goods Subtotal: £24.55
Basic Shipping: £0.00
VAT: £4.91
Total: £29.46

Koolkat

Fri May 25, 2012 9:12 am

Mine was waiting at home for me last night. Ordered on the second of March in the UK. Recieved via second class post from Farnell through the letterbox.

Now off to fire up raspbmc . . .

nickorossa

Fri May 25, 2012 9:29 am

I'm still having problems getting any sensible response from CPC.

CPC are not getting any devices until end of June. So it looks like I have a long wait even though my order was confirmed around 11.15 on Feb 29th.

N.

lb

Fri May 25, 2012 10:01 am

Ordered with Farnell on launch day, 07:45am. Farnell told it would be finally sent out this week. The week is over, and needless to say I have no Pi and no delivery notification. This is becoming really frustrating...

daveabbott007

Fri May 25, 2012 1:31 pm

lb wrote:Ordered with Farnell on launch day, 07:45am. Farnell told it would be finally sent out this week. The week is over, and needless to say I have no Pi and no delivery notification. This is becoming really frustrating...
Snap! getting upset now, especially after reading someone on here ordered one on the 29th and another on the 03/03 and both have been delivered!! :evil:

Auron

Fri May 25, 2012 2:43 pm

I thought Farnell were supposed to be offering free next day delivery... so why are they sending them out by second class post? (at least, mine was). That certainly didn't cost £5 postage.... it was only a day extra wait for me, but it's the principle.

grumpyoldgit

Fri May 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Auron wrote:I thought Farnell were supposed to be offering free next day delivery... so why are they sending them out by second class post? (at least, mine was). That certainly didn't cost £5 postage.... it was only a day extra wait for me, but it's the principle.
Where does it say First Class post and where does the £5 come in to it?

Auron

Fri May 25, 2012 3:01 pm

grumpyoldgit wrote:Where does it say First Class post and where does the £5 come in to it?
Farnell site wrote:Farnell offers fast same day despatch, normally delivered to you free the next working day.
Standard free next day delivery
Goods under 1kg will be delivered by Royal Mail
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/support/suppo ... p#delivery

When the site says 'standard free next day delivery', I expect them to use First Class post, especially when people have been waiting months.

Looking at Farnell's price, it is about £3 over the price of $25+VAT to include delivery costs (was £5 more when I ordered, I haven't looked to see what they have actually charged me). ( http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/826 ) - either way, easily enough to cover first class post.

SN

Fri May 25, 2012 3:07 pm

I suspect the "Goods under 1kg will be delivered by Royal Mail" piece overrides the words above - because those words don't say "Goods under 1kg will be delivered First Class by Royal Mail"
Steve N – binatone mk4->intellivision->zx81->spectrum->cbm64->cpc6128->520stfm->pc->raspi ?

whitewolf

Fri May 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Just got a mail from farnell
Your Order has been shipped

yeah... finaly

Return to “General discussion”