Smartybones

invite to order from RS... but...

Thu May 17, 2012 2:08 pm

I have got my email today for an invite to order a raspberry Pi from RS, but I already have a pi that I ordered and received from Farnell. funny enough, I did in fact register my interest with RS a clear hour before I managed to get a order placed at Farnell.

My position is this....

even though I do indeed want a second Pi's I have a few projects in mind, but don't need it just yet and can wit until supplies are at a level where ordering more than one unit at a time is an option. . I am aware that there are some devs about who still do not have a pi so would like to make use of my order code that is otherwise going to waste.

post here of why you feel you should be allowed to jump the queue and the most worthy cause can get my pi...

grumpyoldgit

Re: invite to order from RS... but...

Thu May 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Power, Power, Power

nick.mccloud

Thu May 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Order codes don't go to waste - if you don't order they'll send you a reminder email to you in a couple of days and if you don't respond they will move on to the next person in the list.

Burngate

Thu May 17, 2012 3:47 pm

I wonder if you could put that order code on E-bay?

benzeman

Thu May 17, 2012 3:50 pm

If your offering I'd love it for a mate who didn't realise he wanted a pi until mine arrived.

RaspberryPiBeginners

Thu May 17, 2012 4:21 pm

benzeman wrote:If your offering I'd love it for a mate who didn't realise he wanted a pi until mine arrived.
I think you it's linked to the original email address. PM me for mine if your able to use it without my email address
Click here for my unofficial YouTube Channel > http://goo.gl/oFYBD

Smartybones

Thu May 17, 2012 4:46 pm

yes, it is linked to the email address, but there is nothing to stop someone else ordering it, using my email address... its just a matter of me forwarding the emails to the buyer...

I could indeed sell it on ebay, or at least try to... but that wouldn’t be right now would it?

nick.mccloud

Thu May 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Smartybones wrote: I could indeed sell it on ebay, or at least try to... but that wouldn’t be right now would it?
Depends on if you give all the money to the Foundation or not ;)
The prices on eBay appear to be rapidly settling at the £45 mark so the killing to be made isn't what it was!

ThomasPRoberts

Thu May 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Just sent a PM about this. Would love a chance to get one, got a couple of little dev ideas which i've mentioned in my message. ;)

SN

Thu May 17, 2012 8:18 pm

I have a different problem.
I to got an order in with Farnell on Pi Day and its due next week (though no further emails have been forthcoming since 27th April ... should I be worried)
And I registered an interest with RS eventually AND got the Time To Order Email today
BUT when I registered I thought I'd screwed up so registered again with my alter-ego email address too and guess what.
I have ANOTHER Time To Order Email from RS today on that account - I've just been and checked...

So what to do....

Will SWMBO gogo berzerk if I order three f the little blighters? I need two more cases and another memory card and cables and and and.... This $25 malarky is turning into a money pit :shock:
Steve N – binatone mk4->intellivision->zx81->spectrum->cbm64->cpc6128->520stfm->pc->raspi ?

Return to “General discussion”