Just an update, we have released a new version of the RemotePi Board, designed specifically for the new Raspberry Pi B+ model !
There are new features and improvements over the original RemotePi Board as well :
- Completely re-designed using SMD components, the new RemotePi Board has a 40% smaller footprint than RemotePi Board 2013, size is only 2.3 cm x 5.6 cm
- The power button looks nicer than the previous tactile switch, with an on/off symbol
- There is a version with external IR-receiver and LED, extended with a cable, for case mount available
- The PCB has pads for GND and +5V, you can solder external power cables, if you do not want to use the micro-USB connector
- Less GPIO pins are used, the GPIO connector is only partly covered (only the first 12 pins), this leaves pins free for other applications
- You can invoke power-shutdown from a script or program, the support page
shows how this works
- Most importantly (in our opinion
), the firmware is user-upgradable ! We will offer future (free of course) firmware updates with new features.
Prices have been reduced, too...
Please visit us and check out the new RemotePi Board + at our website