Web radio distro?
Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:39 pm
I saw the article about Radio Lollipop. It got me to thinking, Is there a small Linux distro for the Raspberry Pi that boots into a program/script that will auto play a stream? Here are my thoughts on how this would work:
- When the SD card is installed with the distribution a text or XML file is placed into a FAT32 area. That way anyone can edit with having to load up a full shell on the Pi.
- The setting file lets you put in up to 10 stream locations that are bound to the numeric keys on the keyboard (stream would be the #1, stream 10 would the number zero)
- The volume key would be 'Q' for volume up and 'A' for volume down
- The 'S' key would be stop action that acts like power off -OR- resume last stream. If nothing has been played since power on then play stream #1
- Autoplay would the number of the corresponding stream. If not set or it points to a blank stream do nothing.
- If some hits a button that corresponds to a stream that isn't set do not stop the current stream, just ignore the key press event.