VietIDC

How to become a company distribution of Raspberry Pi

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:56 am

I'm living in Việt Nam, and I want to become a distribution of RaspberryPi in Vietnam. How to become a company distribution of Raspberry Pi?

joan

Re: How to become a company distribution of Raspberry Pi

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:57 am

From http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs
I want to be a Raspberry Pi reseller.

We’ve got an exclusive distribution arrangement with RS and Farnell; what resellers are doing is buying in bulk from them (which reduces shipping costs to nearly nothing) and selling on. You don’t need any special licence to resell, and they’re very happy to sell on to resellers. Unfortunately, because of the way the pricing model (and the fact that we’re a charity) works, you won’t be able to get a discount for bulk – what most resellers are doing is using it as a way to sell high-margin peripherals and so on.

mikerr

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 am

It's true RS and farnell are the official distributors, but the retailing situation is slightly different now, at least with farnell:

Farnell now have a list of approved retailers for various countries:
http://farnell.com/raspberrypi-consumer ... ailers.php

So you can't actually buy a Pi direct from Farnell in those countries
e.g. in Austria farnell redirects to modmypi.com

- they are now actively forcing / redirecting web links from farnell directly to those approved retailers in those countries...

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 96#p433796
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 23&t=24608

So I'd talk to Farnell about becoming an approved retailer for Vietnam

suchenwi

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:16 pm

For Viet Nam, maybe Egoman (RasPi distributor in China) is a closer contact?

Asterixpar

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:17 am

Can you become a reseller as a way to make supplemental income? since there are no required licenses, how difficult would it be to be a reseller ? Can someone that is currently doing it, give me some advice ? I believe that the pi will be the next big thing. I think not enough people have noticed the potential of the pi, which is why I would like to help and at the same time make some supplemental income.

The pi would be great to use in countries where electricity is not given 24/7. kids can do homework on it, using one of the external batteries used for charging phones. Not to mention that people can use it to learn how to code. The pi is awesome !!! tell me how to become a reseller or representative, please.

Porfiriolima

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi

I'd like to learn the process to become a distributor of raspberry in Mexico, could you share some information please?

Thanks a lot!

pi3g
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Guys, you can just start selling Pi and accessories - if you have a company already - set up an online shop, and start selling. You do not need to ask anyone for permission. This is exactly how I started out myself. (I bought the Pis from Farnell, and sold them on Amazon, and through my own shop.)

Do your market research, and find out how you can get known in the local countries.

After a while, if you have built up some reputation as an electronics / Pi dealer, you might want to apply for the Approved Reseller program.

Please note that the Pi market is a lot about price. You have to be clever to make it work.

Good luck.
picockpit.com - tools to make your life with the Pi a little bit easier

Return to “General discussion”