marcelp1

ModMyPi Contact Details

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 pm

I have ordered from ModMyPi and received wrong item,
so called on Invoice provided telephone number,
but never got any answer, left messages but no one phoned me back.

Their website does not have contact number either!
https://www.modmypi.com/index.php?route ... on/contact
So be aware before you purchase from them.

Does anyone know another number to get hold of those people?
I want to speak to human being rather then sending them e-mails
and get generic answers like most e-shops do ...

leol

Re: ModMyPi Contact Details

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:26 pm

I have this morning received an order from ModMyPi and like you had an issue with it. (A damaged item.) I too tried phoning and went to voice mail. So I emailed them and received a reply within 20 minutes.
I'm very happy with their response and they are replacing the part without any hassle. The reply was personal and not "generic" in any way.

I will use them again and would recommend them.

marcelp1

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:12 pm

I guess you ware lucky.

This is my e-mail to them:
I have ordered MMP5V2A+Noodle UK USB power supply with EU adaptor
but received EU USB power supply!

And here is the reply from Jean:
To confirm, you are missing:
MMP5V2A EU * 1

Did I say in my e-mail that I have EU USB power missing?
This is exactly what I am talking about, I like to be able to speak to someone
if there is a problem, rather then send e-mails :(

But I am out of luck with them as here is reply to my question about contact details:
"I'm very sorry no one got back to you, we're ecommerce only so we only operate an email customer service!
I'm not sure what number you've been calling :) "

TimJWatts

Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm having the same problem - it's only a £5 part and I live in the same town that they operate from so I could easily drive over to exchange.

But I cannot get a reply out of them since last week. Twitter, form contact-us and email - and the only number that google knows about rings and rings.

I think I will put my next order with someone else.

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:18 pm

OK so there's a couple of things you need to consider here...

1) Last week was exceptionally busy due to the Pi3B launch - so sadly, some vendors will have dropped a few "balls". Not good, but realistic.

2) Over the week-end they were at the Pi Party in Cambridge, so may not have been overly responsive by email.

I know you prefer phone, but if they've misunderstood you, how hard is it for you to clarify?

Nobody gets it right all the time but ModMyPi has a good reputation.
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

JemTheWire

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:03 pm

I have used ModMyPi often and have been very pleased with their service.

On the odd occasion that I have had technical difficulties, I have raised the issue in the Technical Support thread on their forums.

On each occasion, I have had replies and my issues resolved to my satisfaction. This included having a UPSPico firmware update failure which, in the end, needed to be sent back for replacement.

May I suggest you ask a question there?

accountactivation

Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:12 pm

I have also ordered from ModMyPi and received wrong item.

I've filled out the contact form, but so far it's been over a week with no response.
Last Wednesday sent an email sales@modmypi.com but have not received an answer.

I would expect even an automated response that I would know if my message put through

I will not bother to call, because I think that they do not speak Finnish.

foottsta

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:19 am

Fast>>Forward a few years and there seems to be trouble again with deliveries at ModMyPi, although I think it is not their fault. I live a little ways away (Perth, Western Australia) in a little town called Baldivis. I am very new to the Raspberry Pi adventure and am still waiting on my order from ModMyPi that first ordered in August 2016. I have left many emails and I have been told that they resent my order. However, according to Australian Post the actual order has either been sent back or never arrived and it is up to the sender to investigate. That's fine, things happen. What I am concerned about is that I have been trying to contact ModMyPi to inform them that I have still not received my order and that they need to contact the Royal Mail to find out what has happened to my order. They have not replied to my latest messages and emails and I can not find a phone number that someone will answer that so I can inform them of my dilemma. Can anyone help and or suggest anything??

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:41 am

i've poked them online, hopefully they'll turn up here

modmypi
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:24 am

Hello!

Thanks to Russell for raising this with us!

All of our customer service is dealt with online via email, and you can contact us using our contact form below:

https://www.modmypi.com/contact-us

Using a contact form ensures that all messages are delivered to us (e.g. nothing ends up in spam etc.), contains all the information required to ensure a quick resolution, and are filtered to the right place to ensure a quick response. We aim to respond to all queries within 1 working day, and the majority are responded too sooner!

All customer service responses come from sales@modmypi.com so please ensure that this is set up as a safe sender, and check your spam folders. Yes, you can email us direct at sales@modmypi.com but we can't ensure that all messages will get through - hence the use of a contact form! Sales emails e.g. invoices, order confirmations etc. are generated from no-reply@modmypi.com.

We do not have an outward facing contact number at the moment. Why? Honestly, we're a small team, and operating a phone in a busy warehouse is a nightmare. Email gives us a record of all previous actions and helps to ultimately generate the best response even if it takes slightly longer. All emails are read by a real person (the lovely Jean), and responded to individually. We are looking to free-up some manhours to add a telephonecommunication device for customer service,but right now it's not feasible - better to not have one, than one that rings our constantly because everyone is too busy to pick it up!

We can also be contacted direct on Twitter @modmypi (as Russell did to raise this with us), and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ModMyPi/ or on our own technical support forums http://forum.modmypi.com/ - We respond to all avenues of communication.

The number listed in the first post from 2013 looks to be our previous web developer's phone number. So you won't have much luck unless you want a website built :ugeek:

foottsta >> I can see that you emailed us @ 7.30pm on 17th, and it was responded to @ 8.30am on the 18th. Remember that we're in the UK, so there will be a time difference. and please check you spam folder for responses!

-- Jake
Raspberry Pi Cases for your Raspberry Pi! Unique, colourful, customisable designs available from ModMyPi now!

Return to “General discussion”