veryevil

Re: I've got Two helping of PI!

Fri May 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Just received my SECOND Raspberry PI in the post today from Farnell. Got my first weeks ago from RS.

Don't worry I will be lending the second one to Plugwash from these forums so he can continue his and mpthompson's great work on the Debian Hard Floating Point Release.

Steven

rmm200

Fri May 04, 2012 3:07 pm

For such a very evil tag - very decent response! Good job!

teh_orph

Fri May 04, 2012 4:32 pm

You could always make a daily charge for the loan?

Jim Manley
Location: SillyCon Valley, California, and Powell, Wyoming, USA, plus The Universe

Fri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm

This is the kind of team spirit I've been hoping to see from the teeming masses of Little Pi-sters (to play on Lady Gaga's "Little Monsters" moniker for her rabid fans).

Many thanks to those lucky early double-recipients who are helping developers to get boards sooner than they otherwise could without having to pay ePrey pricing.  Our Pi-finity! developer team is pretty far down the waiting list, and would appreciate being able to buy some boards so that we can run our software directly to the display, as remote VNC access via an X desktop is problematic, at best.
The best things in life aren't things ... but, a Pi comes pretty darned close! :D
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." -- W.B. Yeats
In theory, theory & practice are the same - in practice, they aren't!!!

dave j

Sat May 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Jim Manley said:

This is the kind of team spirit I've been hoping to see from the teeming masses of Little Pi-sters (to play on Lady Gaga's "Little Monsters" moniker for her rabid fans).

Many thanks to those lucky early double-recipients who are helping developers to get boards sooner than they otherwise could without having to pay ePrey pricing.  Our Pi-finity! developer team is pretty far down the waiting list, and would appreciate being able to buy some boards so that we can run our software directly to the display, as remote VNC access via an X desktop is problematic, at best.

Someone on a local forum got his Pi recently but doesn't have time to use it - so he's selling it for £30 (i.e. cost price) so someone who can put it to better use can have it.

Somebody else noticed his announcement first.

Return to “General discussion”