fdfd

Re: Invitation to order from RS

Tue May 29, 2012 12:43 pm

ForToffee wrote:
funix wrote: Same here, also same last digits sent by [email protected]. Maybe the key was not that unique so the original users' data was filled automatically. However I fear collisions in the order process especially when it comes to payments.

I will reply to the invitiation and see what RS tells me.
I've emailed their support email address, only got the initial "Have you read the FAQ" response thus far.

Just out of curiosity, the first 6 digits are "464d2c", does that match yours are well?

Same thing for me. I have same end, but different initial digits.

ForToffee

Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 pm

fdfd wrote:
ForToffee wrote:
I've emailed their support email address, only got the initial "Have you read the FAQ" response thus far.

Just out of curiosity, the first 6 digits are "464d2c", does that match yours are well?

Same thing for me. I have same end, but different initial digits.
Ah, at least the codes are different then. Might be this is some default value that's been dredged up from somewhere in the RS ordering system as there's no record of our own accounts at this point in time. Will have to wait and see what RS say.

funix

Tue May 29, 2012 1:12 pm

ForToffee wrote:

Mine is starting differently (465...) so the ID might be unique after all. However they might have issues on their side... I haven't got any reply yet.

So for now I voided my ID but at least I don't have a bad feeling ;)

TheMonkeyKing

Tue May 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Expressed interest on March 1.
Invited to order on May 22. Ordered on the same day
On May 23, my credit card is charged $43.45 (US dollars) by "RS COMPONENTS LTD CORBY"

On the website after the purchase went through, I see "Delivery Type : Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 3 week(s))" By this account, I should receive a Pi by June 12, if not sooner.

Is there a place on the RS website to track the purchase? I know Element14 has something like that.

Inky-

Tue May 29, 2012 5:49 pm

funix wrote:
ForToffee wrote:
Howard wrote:I have just received an invitation from RS to order using http://raspberrypi.rsdelivers.com
but when I get to the delivery page it is already partially filled in with:

First name: Sergio
Phone number: +59170374087____

And google identifies the phone number as belonging to Sergio and he is in Bolivia!

This makes me worried that its a spam invitation or a hacked website.

Has anyone else had similar issues AND actually had a board delivered ???

Howard Amos in New Zealand (which definitely isn't part of Bolivia)
Same here, UK. Last 6 digits of my key are "8e196b". Came to the right email address, only ever used it sign up to RS, so little confused!
Same here, also same last digits sent by [email protected]. Maybe the key was not that unique so the original users' data was filled automatically. However I fear collisions in the order process especially when it comes to payments.

I will reply to the invitiation and see what RS tells me.

I also had the name & number fields filled in with Sergio's details & the same last 6 characters in the activation code but the first 6 are different.Placed my order last night, # 473**.

briandn

Tue May 29, 2012 8:09 pm

ok chaps.

Ordered 16th May No. 709X. Expected dispatch with in 7 days delivery within 3 weeks.

Received email this evening stating "due to be despatched on 29/05/2012 using our Express 24 service" so hope to receive tomorrow.
Hope this info helps you all further down the line.

Brian

Steep

Tue May 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for that Brian, if the numbering system is accurate I'm about three thousand units and one day further down the line than you.

yorkshiregrump

Tue May 29, 2012 9:55 pm

briandn wrote:ok chaps.

Ordered 16th May No. 709X. Expected dispatch with in 7 days delivery within 3 weeks.

Received email this evening stating "due to be despatched on 29/05/2012 using our Express 24 service" so hope to receive tomorrow.

Brian
Order mine on the 18th of may. Order no 17xxx

Hopefully i'll be getting mine soon

inspired

Tue May 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Has anyone had one of those RaspberryPi update emails from
RS recently? The last I had was on the 8/5...

Montala

Tue May 29, 2012 10:41 pm

inspired wrote:Has anyone had one of those RaspberryPi update emails from
What, you mean the one which included the statement "There will be more news on this next week, so please bear with us while we finalise these arrangements."... which they sent out 3 weeks ago!

That was the last one I received also. :shock:

R&S

Wed May 30, 2012 6:46 am

briandn wrote:ok chaps.

Brian
Strange. Mine havn't been shipped yet and i got order no. 610*.

dukla2000

Wed May 30, 2012 8:36 am

briandn wrote:Ordered 16th May No. 709X. Expected dispatch with in 7 days delivery within 3 weeks.

Ordered 15th May No. 638x, "We currently expect to despatch your Raspberry Pi within 7 working days". Deafening silence since then.
Daily driver: Pi3B, 64GB Samsung Evo+ @100MHz, DVB-T, onboard WiFi for internet, BT/USB dongle for KB/mouse, 250GB HDD via USB for media, Raspbian Jessie Lite with Openbox desktop.
Museum: Pi B

KnightInd2000

Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 am

I had mine delivered today :D

My history was as follows;

Registered interest: 29 February, 2012 @ 06:?? GMT
Invite email: Tues 15/05/12 @ 16:00 (BST)
Ordered: Tues 15/05/12 @ 19:00ish (BST)
Order Confirmation Number: 6099
I was given an estimated delivery of 3 weeks
Order shipped email: 29/05/12
Received: 30/05/12

technicalian

Wed May 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Largely miffed with RS, bearing in mind the massive volume of orders they must have, I sent them the following complaint:

"You sent me an email on the 17th May inviting me to order my Raspberry Pi which I had registered for. The odd email address was captured as spam, so I have only just seen it.

I tried to order, but it states that despatch is expected within 6 weeks but payment is taken immediately. This is contradictory to your FAQ which states 'Therefore we are inviting you to place your order when we know we have a Raspberry Pi ready to send to you' Clearly, there is not.

I was initially pleased to be dealing with RS as I thought you would handle this professionally. Instead, you have set up a massively lucrative financial operation to potentially sit on many £1000's of customers money for several weeks.

I will be taking this up with the Raspberry Pi foundation."

Montala

Wed May 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Unfortunately I can no longer edit my earlier reply, but (surprise, surprise) I did actually receive another update from RS Online today.

This read as follows: "Dear customer,
As you will know by now, many people have been invited to place their orders. We know the big questions you are asking are: “where am I in your queue?” and “when will I be able to place my order?” We are currently working to give you an indication of where you are in the queue and likely delivery times and hope to share this with you shortly. We are also increasing our website capacity to enable us to invite you to place your order as soon as possible."

Not quite the news I hope to receive, but I can't help but wonder what they actually mean by "shortly"? Personally I will be surprised if I hear from them again in under two weeks, but then I suppose I can always live in hope! :)

jengla

Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 pm

If you are still looking for an order code, I received mine this morning and have now chose not to get a Pi.
Montala wrote:
Unfortunately I can no longer edit my earlier reply, but (surprise, surprise) I did actually receive another update from RS Online today.

This read as follows: "Dear customer,
As you will know by now, many people have been invited to place their orders. We know the big questions you are asking are: “where am I in your queue?” and “when will I be able to place my order?” We are currently working to give you an indication of where you are in the queue and likely delivery times and hope to share this with you shortly. We are also increasing our website capacity to enable us to invite you to place your order as soon as possible."

Not quite the news I hope to receive, but I can't help but wonder what they actually mean by "shortly"? Personally I will be surprised if I hear from them again in under two weeks, but then I suppose I can always live in hope! :)

PaulCheffus

Wed May 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi

That was the last email I had until Monday 28/05 when I was invited to order (47xxx).

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

hackery21

Wed May 30, 2012 3:51 pm

jengla wrote:If you are still looking for an order code, I received mine this morning and have now chose not to get a Pi.
I'll take that code please.

jengla

Wed May 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Let me know your email and I'll send you the details
hackery21 wrote:
jengla wrote:If you are still looking for an order code, I received mine this morning and have now chose not to get a Pi.
I'll take that code please.

Phil Spiegel

Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

a 'holding' email from RS arrived this afternoon (11.29)
Raspberry Pi Update
Dear customer,
<br>
<br>
As you will know by now, many people have been invited to place their orders. We
know the big questions you are asking are: “where am I in your queue?” and “when
will I be able to place my order?” We are currently working to give you an
indication of where you are in the queue and likely delivery times and hope to share
this with you shortly. We are also increasing our website capacity to enable us to
invite you to place your order as soon as possible.

While you wait, why not check out just what the Raspberry Pi model B board is
capable of by watching our compliance engineers have some fun demonstrating Quake,

Step_7

Wed May 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Got the invitation to order today and also had the prefilled "Sergio" info. My order number is 568XX - delivery within 6 weeks..... Ah well, maybe Farnell will come through quicker! :D

inspired

Wed May 30, 2012 4:29 pm

I had the same email today. I doubt the "where am I in the queue" function will be provided within the next month. Until the pi arrives I'll make do with my arduino.

GS7

Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Here is my history so far !

Registered interest: 29 February, 2012 @ Early !
Invite email: Thursday 17/05/12 @ 13.14 (BST)
Ordered: Tues 17/05/12 @ 19.06 (BST) pi and a uk power adapter
Order Confirmation Number: 135XX
I was given an estimated delivery of 3 weeks

No shipped email as yet :roll:

But keeping everything crossed it's not going to be too long now :)

Alan

Montala

Wed May 30, 2012 6:39 pm

I am indeed still looking for an order code, and would be delighted to accept you very kind offer.
Many Thanks! :D

davez

Wed May 30, 2012 7:02 pm

Been in contact with RS since some seem to have registered interest a couple of days after the launch and still received invitation to order.

Seems like it's somehow first come first served on a country basis, such as smaller countries (for my case not UK) have been pushed down to make room for other countries. Technically I bet it's how the orders are managed etc but it still feels a bit bad.

Oh, also. except for the auto response to check the FAQ and a local representative answer (which referred me to UK customer service) the email I got today is the first I've got from RS. Yeah, the one where a lot of us guys ask RS about our place in the queue etc.
http://blog.davido.me General tech site

Return to “General discussion”