ThomasPRoberts

Re: Invitation to order from RS

Thu May 31, 2012 5:35 pm

UK Power supply is still show as being out of stock and is expected back tomorrow.

Hopefully my order 17xxx will then be processed...

hackery21

Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 pm

RS order reference 632xx

GoingPostal13

Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 pm

For those interested, I've just had a despatch notification from RS/Parcelforce. My order number was 11xxx with registered interest within the hour of zero hour launch.

It's been a long wait, but we're finally getting there.

GS7

Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm

GoingPostal13 wrote:For those interested, I've just had a despatch notification from RS/Parcelforce. My order number was 11xxx with registered interest within the hour of zero hour launch.

WHOHOO, then fingers crossed not too long for mine 13xxx, was hoping to get it for playing with over the bank holiday but I guess not now :roll:

redhawk

Thu May 31, 2012 7:10 pm

I just got my invite today so FYI people who have registered their interest 4th of March should be getting an email very soon.
Now my only question is this, RS claims delivery may take up to 6 weeks is this estimate for international or UK??
I know the British postal system can be a bit unreliable at times but 6 weeks seems a bit excessive or is that based on the fact I'm in the RS queue to have my PI put in the post??

Richard S.

davez

Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 pm

GoingPostal13 wrote:For those interested, I've just had a despatch notification from RS/Parcelforce. My order number was 11xxx with registered interest within the hour of zero hour launch.

Thank god for this update. Seems a bit weird that people who registered that early got put behind people who registered later. Makes me a bit angry and also sad.
http://blog.davido.me General tech site

ThomasPRoberts

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 am

ThomasPRoberts wrote:UK Power supply is still show as being out of stock and is expected back tomorrow.

UK Charger is showing as being in stock now.
Hopefully a load of orders including mine will now be sent out...

yorkshiregrump

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 am

ThomasPRoberts wrote:
ThomasPRoberts wrote:UK Power supply is still show as being out of stock and is expected back tomorrow.

UK Charger is showing as being in stock now.
Hopefully a load of orders including mine will now be sent out...
Im hoping the same. I ordered the UK power pack too with my order 17xxx
if you get a despatch email please, let us know :)

erul

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 am

How kind of RS to send me the DHL notification one day AFTER the Pi arrived.
Ref no: 87xx

varkey

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 am

Just got the notification from DHL saying my package has been shipped on 30th May to India. It has already reached Bangalore, India and should be delivered tomorrow.

But the sad part is, since its DHL, the customs duty will come to Rs 500 or so and on top of that they will charge Rs 300 just for clearing it. That's Rs 800 ~ $15. Making the final cost of the $35 Raspberry Pi close to $60 :(

Will update the thread once I receive the package with the final amount! :(

Edit : Just called DHL, and there is a duty of Rs 700 :O and a Handling charge of Rs 340. So total Rs 1040 ~ $19 :( :( that makes it Rs 3500 ~ $62.5. Should have bought it from Farnell, their INR price was Rs 2650 ~ $48 shipped including all charges.

lineover

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:36 am

that info might become boring, but so what.

I am overly excited anyways...

delivery attempted May 30th, redelivered today

RS Order Number 61xx, destination Switzerland

havent received any shipping notification from RS either

greets

Benja

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Just had my Pi (RS order nr. 10xxx) delivered by DHL in DK.
Registered within a couple of hours of launch, placed order on may 17, got shipment notification earlier today - and now the Pi and an SD card is sitting on my desk. This is going to be an excellent weekend!
Btw, the Pi was very securely packaged with massive amounts of foam inside a sturdy cardboard box.

Nice work RS (And Pi foundation obviously)!

Montala

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Luck you! :D

From what I am reading RS are packing them far more securely than Farnell/Element 14... and are are sending them out by DHL, rather than 2nd Class Royal Mail post.

Will look forward to hearing how you get on! :)

ThomasPRoberts

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Are people definitely getting confirmation e-mails prior to delivery?

Just that couriers rarely find my flat or make it into the building to atleast leave a card...... It's hard to know if a delivery has been attempted without a tracking number.

Benja

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:57 pm

I got an email from DHL containing tracking information a couple of hours prior to delivery. This was 1½ day after shipping begun, so you can't be sure to get it before (attempted) delivery.
Have had some rather negative experiences with DHL before, but this time there were no nasty surprises.
I have heard nothing at all from RS since placing the order, and their customer service told me there is currently no way for users to track order progress. Would have been nice to at least know the order was ready to ship!

varkey

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm

@Benja : Did DHL charge you anything extra as import duty or anything like that?

Benja

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:35 pm

No extra charges as this was delivery within EU, which (IIRC) means no import tax.
Total cost for Pi + 4GB SD + Delivery to DK: 33.04£

varkey

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:47 pm

My friend's order 127xx also got shipped today by DHL to India

Montala

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Hooray... at last!

I have just received an invitation to order from RS Online.

The only downside is that they are telling me that despatch is expected within 8 weeks, which is getting on for the end of July! :cry:

Not good at all! :x

Raspberry wino

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:22 pm

I got my invitation today too. Hooray - you might think.

As it was the last working hour before an unusually long weekend, I went straight into the RS shop using the ridiculously long activation code copied from the email and spent several minutes deciding what to have as a side order but wanted to remove something I'd ordered by mistake. After a little playing around it asked me to re-enter the activation code which I pasted in again but it said was wrong.

The invitation email says the code can only be used once as a way to limit one R-Pi per customer, which makes sense. But this is something for them to think about: the activation code has only fulfilled its purpose when the order is complete, not when you begin the ordering process!

I'm not annoyed, frustrated or especially disappointed as these things happen and I expect they'll sort it out. They must have a way to detect people who logged in but didn't complete an order. Yes?
Last edited by Raspberry wino on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itimpi

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:24 pm

As I understand it, if you wait a few hours the code will work again (assuming you did not complete your order).

qiou

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:07 pm

As I saw on other posts, you have to delete all the cookies and you can go back to the order page.
If it doesn't work, wait about an hour, as @itimpi said.

Order 15xxx waiting to be despatched.

Raspberry wino

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:25 pm

itimpi wrote:As I understand it, if you wait a few hours the code will work again (assuming you did not complete your order).
Thanks. I was going to say that makes sense (code lockout is reset after an interval) but why does it make you (me) wait at all, what does that achieve?

It doesn't worry me as the delivery is still 8 weeks away so making me wait a few more hours to complete my order won't make any difference but it seems odd.

Steep

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:46 pm

ThomasPRoberts wrote:Are people definitely getting confirmation e-mails prior to delivery?

Just that couriers rarely find my flat or make it into the building to atleast leave a card...... It's hard to know if a delivery has been attempted without a tracking number.
ParcelForce emailed me night before last to say it was being shipped by their 24hr service, with a tracking link that didn't work directly. My pi arrived at 07:50 today.

dixeflatline

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:06 pm

I still have an invalid code no matter what i try. I sent an email and have not heard a response. Has anyone found a way to get this working? or we waiting for a new link?

Return to “General discussion”