pjsramos

Re: Invitation to order from RS

Tue May 22, 2012 11:44 am

grumpyoldgit wrote:
pjsramos wrote:I don't understand why i am still waiting for an email from RS to order my Raspberry.
One off my work colleges have received is code and but have registered is interests later than me.

I have emailed RS but i don,t have an answer.

Its unfair waking up in the middle of the night on the launch day to order one ... i felling a bit stupid.

Its life.
RS have been sending out updates on an almost weekly basis to people who went on-line and "expressed an interest". If you have not been receiving those emails then it is unlikely you are on their computer.
I have received those emails from RS.
Raspberry Pi em Português
http://tartedeframboesas.blogspot.pt/

grumpyoldgit

Tue May 22, 2012 11:51 am

When did you express an interest?

ScoobyDoo

Tue May 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Just received my invite and placed an order (expected delivery 3 weeks).
I placed my interest on the 3rd March.

pjsramos

Tue May 22, 2012 1:04 pm

grumpyoldgit wrote:When did you express an interest?
In the first day and have received the confirmation mail on 3 March.

grumpyoldgit

Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 pm

pjsramos wrote:
I would imagine that you are just about to get the invite then. Did you express your interest early on the day? I was about 6:05 am and have only had mine a few days. Even a minute or so is enough to put you several thousand further down the queue.

pjsramos

Tue May 22, 2012 1:33 pm

grumpyoldgit wrote:
pjsramos wrote:
I would imagine that you are just about to get the invite then. Did you express your interest early on the day? I was about 6:05 am and have only had mine a few days. Even a minute or so is enough to put you several thousand further down the queue.
Yes, i understand, but one post above this, someone say that have registered is interest on 3 March and already have post is order.

Since RS don't reply to my email, i have to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait ...

Baystray

Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm

RS does seem pretty slow. I registered interest right after the first batch sold out and just got the chance to order today. Hopefully I will have my Pi in a few weeks though. There wasn't an issue with the code they sent me, but I wonder if they might expire quickly like Element's. I had that issue with Element when gone to a rural area for a couple days; came back and it was expired....

pc77

Tue May 22, 2012 6:56 pm

R-Pi total cost: US$ 95.03 with fees and taxes delivered to Sao Paulo - Brazil.

Ordered may, 15. Arrived today, one week later.

precious_pony

Tue May 22, 2012 11:10 pm

I was just invited to order today, estimated shipping time, 3 weeks.

sabridges

Wed May 23, 2012 1:31 am

pjsramos wrote:
grumpyoldgit wrote:
pjsramos wrote: In the first day and have received the confirmation mail on 3 March.
Yes, i understand, but one post above this, someone say that have registered is interest on 3 March and already have post is order.

Since RS don't reply to my email, i have to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait ...
I'm with you. I registered interest on March 1. Still no invitation to order. At this point, RS won't even confirm if I'm on the list.

Montala

Wed May 23, 2012 7:23 am

All those who expressed an interest in early March (or later) should have received several email updates from RS Online, entitled "Raspberry Pi Update" by now.
I have received 6 in total the first one being dated 15th March and the last one I received was on 8th May 2012, but they could of course end up in your 'Spam' folder. Despite the promise of "More news next week" I haven't heard any more from them since then.
If you haven't received any of these at all, then it is unlikely that you are even on their list, and I suggest that you either contact them directly, or register a further 'Expression of Interest".
For those of us who are still waiting, let's hope we hear some good news soon! :)

yorkshiregrump

Wed May 23, 2012 9:41 am

Like many others I registered my interest with RS on march 1st.

Got a time to order email last friday (18th)
Place my order and also paid for a usb power supply

Estimated delivery within 3 weeks :-)
Just gotta sit back and wait now

Montala

Wed May 23, 2012 2:33 pm

I just wish we knew at what intervals the 'Invitation to Order' emails were being sent out.
It looks as if quite a few have been sent out over the last day or so, but it would at least relieve the anticipation a bit if someone were to say when the next 'batch' will be available.
Hopefully I shan't have to wait too much longer, but due to the initial delay by RS in sending out the first email acknowledgements I am still not really sure on which date they first registered my interest, and added me to the list!

redhawk

Wed May 23, 2012 2:51 pm

What is the deal with RS, I registered my interests in the beginning of March, 09/03/2012 and still not been offered the opportunity to order.
This is despite the fact I have already received confirmation of interest and emails regarding "updates" on the PI.

And while on the subject of shipping why not provide the opportunity for people to order from Amazon or Ebay instead likemany other electronic companies do??

Richard S.

grumpyoldgit

Wed May 23, 2012 2:57 pm

redhawk wrote:What is the deal with RS, I registered my interests in the beginning of March, 09/03/2012 and still not been offered the opportunity to order.
This is despite the fact I have already received confirmation of interest and emails regarding "updates" on the PI.

And while on the subject of shipping why not provide the opportunity for people to order from Amazon or Ebay instead likemany other electronic companies do??

Richard S.
The deal is that you are way way way down the queue. The first batch that went out covered the first minute past 6:00am on 29th Feb. I was in the second batch that went up to 6:05am on 29th Feb. I think they are getting to 3rd March at the moment so you will just need to be patient. And on the subject of shipping, they can't put on Amazon what they don't have.

Raspberry wino

Wed May 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Montala wrote:I just wish we knew at what intervals the 'Invitation to Order' emails were being sent out.
It looks as if quite a few have been sent out over the last day or so, but it would at least relieve the anticipation a bit if someone were to say when the next 'batch' will be available.
No intervals - it'll be when they have some available, not to a timetable.

I've had a few pleasant in tone but not terribly informative emails from RS saying how hard they're working and it'll take a bit longer but considering the demand still considerably outstrips supply, I'm sure they're doing what they can to catch up with demand while trying to keep hoardes of impatient people relatively happy.

A question: my memory was that I'd registered my interest in the first few days, probably 4th March but I've just checked and found that the first email from them was on the 9th. Did they respond (understandably) slowly or have I misremembered the date I registered? Did you get an immediate response?

pjsramos

Wed May 23, 2012 3:08 pm

grumpyoldgit wrote:
redhawk wrote:What is the deal with RS, I registered my interests in the beginning of March, 09/03/2012 and still not been offered the opportunity to order.

Richard S.
The deal is that you are way way way down the queue. The first batch that went out covered the first minute past 6:00am on 29th Feb. I was in the second batch that went up to 6:05am on 29th Feb. I think they are getting to 3rd March at the moment so you will just need to be patient. And on the subject of shipping, they can't put on Amazon what they don't have.
This is false. I have a coworker that have received yesterday an invitation to post his order and don't have registered his interest in the firs day but a few days later.

I have register my interest in the first hour and haven't received the invitation email, only the updates mail.

Montala

Wed May 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Raspberry wino wrote: A question: my memory was that I'd registered my interest in the first few days, probably 4th March but I've just checked and found that the first email from them was on the 9th. Did they respond (understandably) slowly or have I misremembered the date I registered? Did you get an immediate response?
They certainly did not respond immediately, but like you I am not now 100% sure of the date when I first registered... in fact I think I might have done so more than once, as there were reports of some of the early ones getting 'lost', or something!
It will come eventually, I am sure, but a confirmed date would be nice... even if it is 3 or 4 weeks away still.

grumpyoldgit

Wed May 23, 2012 3:21 pm

pjsramos wrote:
grumpyoldgit wrote:

Richard S.
This is false. I have a coworker that have received yesterday an invitation to post his order and don't have registered his interest in the firs day but a few days later.

I have register my interest in the first hour and haven't received the invitation email, only the updates mail.
I would suggest you are lost in the system then. You need to contact RS.

pjsramos

Wed May 23, 2012 3:27 pm

grumpyoldgit wrote: I would suggest you are lost in the system then. You need to contact RS.

I have send an email to RS but no response . Maybe my email is lost in the system ...

grumpyoldgit

Wed May 23, 2012 3:30 pm

pjsramos wrote:
grumpyoldgit wrote: I would suggest you are lost in the system then. You need to contact RS.

I have send an email to RS but no response . Maybe my email is lost in the system ...
I suspect they get thousands of emails from people wanting to know when they are going to get a Pi. You need to phone them. I am sure I have read a number of posts from people who have phoned RS to resolve issues.

vermin

Wed May 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Just received my order, my order ref approx 31,000.
I registered my interest with RS around 8:00am on the first day.
I have now ordered and expected delivery is 3 weeks.

My brother managed to place his order 5 minutes after ordering opened.
He received his order email early last week, the email stated,1 week delivery but his arrived the next day.

Kjkillercom

Wed May 23, 2012 4:27 pm

I just got my email this morning (Talk about a wonderful thing to wake up too!). It's expected to ship in about three weeks. Time to finish buying up all of the parts I need for my custom case project...

grumpyoldgit

Wed May 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Interesting that the RS thread has people who were expressing interest at 8:00am on the first day, just now getting confirmation that delivery is imminent, while on the similar Farnell thread it is the people who ordered on 3rd March who are getting similar emails. My suspicion is that it was quicker and easier to express and interest than go through the whole process of making a full order. Both computer systems were in meltdown but RS would have been able to have processed more, ceteris paribus.

JohnW

Wed May 23, 2012 5:27 pm

grumpyoldgit wrote:Interesting that the RS thread has people who were expressing interest at 8:00am on the first day, just now getting confirmation that delivery is imminent, while on the similar Farnell thread it is the people who ordered on 3rd March who are getting similar emails. My suspicion is that it was quicker and easier to express and interest than go through the whole process of making a full order. Both computer systems were in meltdown but RS would have been able to have processed more, ceteris paribus.
As far as I remember, the farnell site was down for most of the first day, so it is inevitable that far more people managed to register an interest with RS on the first morning. I think I was within the first 30mins, only recieved an invitation last Tuesday, and it is still yet to ship - either because I just missed a batch, or because they are waiting for the charger.

Ordered from Farnell on the 3rd and it shipped this evening. Should have my Pi in the next day or two.

Return to “General discussion”