LemmeFatale

Raspberry Pi gets a mention on AmigaONE blog

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 pm

On the regular blog by the founder of the company that manufactures the AmigaONE X1000 computers, sometimes other hardware (and sometimes Linux-related things, since the AmigaONE can run Linux) gets a mention. I saw today that the latest entry contains a piece about the Raspberry Pi. It's the third section of the post, under the heading "Blowing Raspberries!".

It got a mixed reception, but it seems to be largely positive due to what's been achieved with the hardware. It also seems to highlight a couple of points that I've not really seen mentioned around here - for example, there's a mention of being unable to play 1080p videos.

I found it very interesting reading, not because it's anything I've not seen before, but because it was interesting to see the viewpoint of a newcomer from a different circle of computing enthusiasts.
Classic - Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB) with Motorola Atrix Lapdock
Lemcon-One - Raspberry Pi Model B (256MB) PiMAME TV-Box

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Raspberry Pi gets a mention on AmigaONE blog

Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Of course the Pi can play 1080p video.
Considering they refer to the OS as Raspbarian seven times, I'm going to assume the research done was limited...
I'm guessing they didn't try omxplayer or xbmc, and attempted to play the video in a browser, which is not going to work.

LemmeFatale

Re: Raspberry Pi gets a mention on AmigaONE blog

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:21 pm

dom wrote:Of course the Pi can play 1080p video.
Oh, I know it can. :) I just found it interesting that it was mentioned as a point, but without any pointers as to what the issue was - but I assume that was in the interests of keeping it brief.
Classic - Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB) with Motorola Atrix Lapdock
Lemcon-One - Raspberry Pi Model B (256MB) PiMAME TV-Box

Return to “General discussion”