veronicathecow

Android watch plus a Raspberry Pi, and ideas?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:14 am

I've just ordered one of these and was wondering if anyone was planning on any projects combining this and a Raspberry Pi?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oma ... ne-smartwa
I'm thinking remote control robots (Think General Jumbo from the Dandy back in the 1960's) or indeed any remote functioning reporting back to your watch 8-)
The watch is Android 4.2.2 dual core A7 at 1,3Ghz, 512mb (possibly 1Gb) 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, 5MP camera, IP67 waterproofing, etc etc.

Imagine a drone controlled by a Pi linked via WiFi to you watch. GPS from the watch goes to the Pi which controls the drone to follow, avoid things like trees and videos you and transmits the video feed back to your watch to see what shot it is getting. Great for documenting or perhaps following you mountain biking, sking etc.

simplesi

Re: Android watch plus a Raspberry Pi, and ideas?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Nah :)

What you need to do is strap an RPi to your wrist and make it do something :)

Simon
Seeking help with Scratch and I/O stuff for Primary age children
http://cymplecy.wordpress.com/ @cymplecy on twitter

veronicathecow

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Fun though that might be, once you have added a watch circuit, wifi, bluetooth, 3g internet dongles, phone, display, camera, gps and a small car battery to power this lot I'm not sure i could lift my arm to see the time 8-)
Other than that I feel it's a direct replacement...

Tzarls
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:18 pm

veronicathecow wrote:Fun though that might be, once you have added a watch circuit, wifi, bluetooth, 3g internet dongles, phone, display, camera, gps and a small car battery to power this lot I'm not sure i could lift my arm to see the time 8-).
Why would you ever need to lift your arm to see the time? Just add a speaker and then you can have the system speak out the time! ;)

simplesi

Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Just add a speaker and then you can have the system speak out the time!
That's what I'm talking about :)
Simon
Seeking help with Scratch and I/O stuff for Primary age children
http://cymplecy.wordpress.com/ @cymplecy on twitter

veronicathecow

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:50 am

Silly me, I clearly didn't think it through properly, thank goodness for the help we newbies can get on forums huh :lol:
And as my friend Marty pointed out I can replace that old fashioned car battery with a "Mr Fusion" so all sorted now.

Return to “General discussion”