chickey

Re: Exciting times.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:20 pm

May sound a bit cheesy but it's great that there will be a flood of Pi's sent out starting next week.  I know 1400 are out in the wild but when the number of devices in enthusiasts hands really start to crank up i'm looking forward to seeing what people develop as there are a lot of idea's being bounced about and seems there are some very clever people on here.  I'm somewhat on the periphery so looking to see what other people come up with.

RaTTuS

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm

These forums will melt
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

chickey

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:32 pm

True, hopefully the forum migration will be done very soon to avoid a melt down!

Jim Manley
Location: SillyCon Valley, California, and Powell, Wyoming, USA, plus The Universe

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Melt?  Vaporize doesn't even adequately describe the coming apocalypse.  I think plasma will be more like it - superheated nuclei bouncing around completely stripped of their electrons.  Ummm ... were we still talking about the forum?  :)
The best things in life aren't things ... but, a Pi comes pretty darned close! :D
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." -- W.B. Yeats
In theory, theory & practice are the same - in practice, they aren't!!!

Eros

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:13 pm

I don't think it will be quite that bad... it wont have the same DDoS like melt down that release day saw...

I do imagine that when things get in full swing that generally people will post, and about 5 seconds later the post will be buried 3 pages down haha

oztrailrider

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:18 pm

I certainly think that the amount of talent the pi is going to draw in will be huge. We are already seeing some great work from some very smart people, I can't wait to see what comes down the pipe in the coming months. It's going to be fantastic.

Kernel

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Some days I am not too concerned other days I am just so excited - it is a rollercoaster of emotions!

tritonium

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I envisage a clip with about half a dozen SD chips, each tailor made for a particular function with no ancilliary junk to get in the way

clean

hopefully bloat free

one for

programming

games

av

control stuff

I'll think of some more..........

But only through the grace of all those clever people beavering away to make this possible

Thanks in advance

Dave H

Return to “General discussion”