Chris

Re: A call for restraint?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:12 pm

After reading some other members comments I am starting to worry if R-Pi will go the way of many great projects in the past and vanishing.

From what has been released about the R-PI at the moment, I and probably others think that its got everything it NEEDS and hope that you guys focus on just the refinements and rectifying issues such as the floating point one.

I have seen reasonable requests to drawn out ones but I feel if its not on the board already or in the pipeworks then maybe it should wait untill R-Pi 2.0.

I have been watching this since I first heard about this, and am almost going insane, literally waking up and checking the forums. O.O You have me hooked without even letting me buy the alpha board >.<

Hope that release date comes soon.

stuporhero

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 pm

From what I gather, these guys have it together. I don't think they'll be changing the specs anytime soon, especially when there receiving alpha boards! I've also seen the possibility of a model-C in the future (can't remember where on here)

PS +1 for the hooked thing

Lob0426

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Yes there are some that want a lot more, but I believe most everyone here knows what power the RasPi already has. I have stated it several times already, and do it again, The Model B is all I need, well I need it in the mail yesterday too. It is easy to get caught up in the "only if" state of mind. IF they put out a model C and it has more memory or a drive controller, I will buy one or more. I will buy two or three Model B's when they are out. I may buy a couple of Model A's also. The only thing I am worried about is the shipping costing more than the RasPI's.

+1 for hooked
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with Pi2B
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:13 pm

Yeah - we've got it together. The specs for the first run of boards are properly nailed down, and we're not making any additions; everything's nicely on target at the moment.

We really do welcome suggestions on these forums, that said. It's very useful for us to be able to know where we need to start planning future development, and there are always going to be things that a team as small as ours might miss, so we are grateful for all the ideas and thoughts that you guys have. I still have the right to roll my eyes and sigh when the millionth board member running asks me to open the core, though!
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

DaQatz

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Quote from liz on August 29, 2011, 00:13
Yeah - we've got it together. The specs for the first run of boards are properly nailed down, and we're not making any additions; everything's nicely on target at the moment.

We really do welcome suggestions on these forums, that said. It's very useful for us to be able to know where we need to start planning future development, and there are always going to be things that a team as small as ours might miss, so we are grateful for all the ideas and thoughts that you guys have. I still have the right to roll my eyes and sigh when the millionth board member running asks me to open the core, though!

>.>
<.<

Hey ahh liz...
<troll>
Could you open the core? Oh pleeeease!
</troll>

>.>
<.<

liz

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 pm

*Slap*

;)
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

Chris

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Please open it, just slightly -.o

andyfrommk

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 pm

They can't open the core, they don't own it.
What you could do is request the use of on open-source processor in a future build of the R-Pi such as the OpenSparc
http://www.opensparc.net/
or OpenRISC
http://opencores.org/openrisc,overview

Chris

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Quote from andyfrommk on August 29, 2011, 18:30
They can't open the core, they don't own it.
What you could do is request the use of on open-source processor in a future build of the R-Pi such as the OpenSparc
http://www.opensparc.net/
or OpenRISC
http://opencores.org/openrisc,overview

Everything after the first 2 posts has been in jest

Return to “General discussion”