NietGiftig
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Re: Boblight possible?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:58 pm

pulsarxp wrote: i have a problem.
I would think so
pulsarxp wrote: What went wrong?
Not sure, sorry, the crystal ball is defect today

What do the log files say?
What interface do you use?
What kind of Leds do you use?
What is the ini file?
....

In short,
Are you sure you followed the instruction correctly to the letter?
What is your knowledge of Linux?
What is your knowledge of electronics a.k.a Ledstrips / interface
How much research (and where) have you done to find the source of the problem?
Have you followed the latest changes in the Boblight story
Have you read the complete thread here?

I have little knowledge of linux and electronics, but i have got it working with help from others, but i did try to describe what I build, what went wrong and where and what I had done to try to make it work.
Saying "it does not work" is not enough to solve problems i'm afraid.

pulsarxp
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Re: Boblight possible?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Sorry for the incomplete question.
I know him well, electronics, familiarity is linux, but I'm not a programmer.

I did not know that you have already built boblight. I made it all up, so I guess it's not a good solution.
Led:
I bought WS2801 LED series.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181236873937?ss ... 1497.l2649
I installed accordingly:
http://learn.adafruit.com/system/assets ... 1344878827

I'm trying to install Raspbmc and try it again accordingly:
http://blog.nadnerb.co.uk/?p=166
NietGiftig wrote: What do the log files say?
What interface do you use?
What kind of Leds do you use?
What is the ini file?
....

In short,
Are you sure you followed the instruction correctly to the letter?
What is your knowledge of Linux?
What is your knowledge of electronics a.k.a Ledstrips / interface
How much research (and where) have you done to find the source of the problem?
Have you followed the latest changes in the Boblight story
Have you read the complete thread here?

I have little knowledge of linux and electronics, but i have got it working with help from others, but i did try to describe what I build, what went wrong and where and what I had done to try to make it work.
Saying "it does not work" is not enough to solve problems i'm afraid.

stewiegriffin
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Boblight possible?

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:45 am

stewiegriffin wrote:Hi.
Im trying to install and configure boblight in openelec following this tutorial : http://blog.nadnerb.co.uk/?p=142.
Hoewever, when i get to the step where i have to intrudce "wget https://github.com/brooc/boblight-rpi/r ... t-dispmanx " i get an error saying "not an http or ftp url". Anyone knows how to solve this error?
No one knows how can i solve or bypass this?

Dilligaf
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Boblight possible?

Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:48 pm

stewiegriffin wrote:
stewiegriffin wrote:Hi.
Im trying to install and configure boblight in openelec following this tutorial : http://blog.nadnerb.co.uk/?p=142.
Hoewever, when i get to the step where i have to intrudce "wget https://github.com/brooc/boblight-rpi/r ... t-dispmanx " i get an error saying "not an http or ftp url". Anyone knows how to solve this error?
No one knows how can i solve or bypass this?
Link is working here.

NietGiftig
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Re: Boblight possible?

Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 pm

pulsarxp wrote: Led:
I bought WS2801 LED series.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181236873937?ss ... 1497.l2649
I installed accordingly:
http://learn.adafruit.com/system/assets ... 1344878827
Not every WS2801 string is the same.
Possible the strip from ebay has an different (color) wiring then the ADA fruit one
http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wi ... ors#WS2801

pulsarxp
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Re: Boblight possible?

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 pm

We did it, and it works. :)
It would be a problem.

If I set the speed fast, the light is lagging behind one second compared the video image.
What could be the solution?
Thanks

[quote="pulsarxp"]Sorry for the incomplete question.
I know him well, electronics, familiarity is linux, but I'm not a programmer.

I did not know that you have already built boblight. I made it all up, so I guess it's not a good solution.
Led:
I bought WS2801 LED series.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181236873937?ss ... 1497.l2649
I installed accordingly:
http://learn.adafruit.com/system/assets ... 1344878827

I'm trying to install Raspbmc and try it again accordingly:
http://blog.nadnerb.co.uk/?p=166

NietGiftig
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Re: Boblight possible?

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:05 pm

pulsarxp wrote:We did it, and it works. :)
If I set the speed fast, the light is lagging behind one second compared the video image.
What could be the solution?
set the speed low, or possibly reduce the number of leds

natdeamer
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:36 am

Re: Boblight possible?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 am

Hi all,
I have setup my Pi with Hyperion + XBMC on my HTPC - this all seems to be working nicely.

But when the LEDs (WS2801) are "Off" - I still have 11 LED's in my strip on.
I am testing with just my top strip length of 40 LEDs . LEDs number 8 - 19 are on/white.

My setup:
WS2801 LED strip
5V 8A AC Adapter

Any ideas?!

Return to “General discussion”