jakeio

Pi Camera RS

Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Temporarily out of stock - back order for despatch 05/08/2013 is what the RS order zone says, I am estimating this means if I buy it now, they ship it tomorrow?

With the camera module, I want to insulate the cables? How can this be achieved? Some electrical tape or something more advanced? Also, how long is the cable?

itimpi

Re: Pi Camera RS

Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:58 pm

The cable is a flat ribbon cable about 1.2 cm wide and 6" long. It is not very flexible. What are you looking to insulate it from?

jakeio

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm making a wearable PC and this will be mounted near hair, I don't want it getting static conduction.

jakeio

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Just a query but how long is the delay between camera picking up and showing on screen, I need it to be instant or <0.5 seconds.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:16 pm

jakeio wrote:Just a query but how long is the delay between camera picking up and showing on screen, I need it to be instant or <0.5 seconds.
I think camera startup to preview is a b it longe rthan that, but if you leave the camera running you could turn preview on and off which woudl be very fast. Would require custom code, but I guess you will be doing a lot of that for your project anyway.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

jakeio

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:21 pm

jamesh wrote:
jakeio wrote:Just a query but how long is the delay between camera picking up and showing on screen, I need it to be instant or <0.5 seconds.
I think camera startup to preview is a b it longe rthan that, but if you leave the camera running you could turn preview on and off which woudl be very fast. Would require custom code, but I guess you will be doing a lot of that for your project anyway.
How long is the time gapmon yours? as I need to purchase mine today if I am to do so and I need to know how long this time is. If you could that would be brilliant!

jamesh

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:28 pm

jakeio wrote:
jamesh wrote:
How long is the time gapmon yours? as I need to purchase mine today if I am to do so and I need to know how long this time is. If you could that would be brilliant!
No idea of actual start up time, but as I said, with changes to the software you can leave the camera running, and turning preview on/off would be almost instantaneous.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

jakeio

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:36 pm

jamesh wrote: No idea of actual start up time, but as I said, with changes to the software you can leave the camera running, and turning preview on/off would be almost instantaneous.
When you say "startup time" do you mean the time it takes to boot up, as I want to know the delay of image capture and being shown on screen, for exampl, on a phone the review is completely live while on some older handsets the preview can be a few seconds delayed... Do u see what I mean? I want to know what delay there is for the pi camera.

jamesh

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:38 pm

If the camera app is NOT running, it will take probably a second or so to bring up a preview. If the camera app is already running, then you can turn the preview on and off instantly.

agnihotriamit1

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:26 pm

jamesh wrote:If the camera app is NOT running, it will take probably a second or so to bring up a preview. If the camera app is already running, then you can turn the preview on and off instantly.
Can you please help me achieve previewing the images before taking the picture or recording video? How to do that?

Return to “General discussion”