marshcroft

Re: Raspberry Pi Delivered in the US

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Just got my Raspberry Pi delivered to me in Boston, Mass, came from RS UK via DHL, never got a tracking number and after paying for it last week, the E-mail said it would be shipped within 7 days and I would then get a tracking number, certainly not upset for 6 days later to have it handed to me with no update email or tracking number. So do I have the first one in the US?

THANKYOU RS and especially the Foundation.

droidix

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I received mine in Wichita, KS from RS today as well, delivered by DHL without any tracking email.

I concur, thank you Foundation and RS!

u4ia

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:24 pm

I missed it, signature required. I will not miss it tomorrow

rbmadison

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 am

I have my PI too! I actually have 2 so if someone wants the 2nd one I am thinking of selling it on ebay.

firstplacefranz

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 am

I had also gotten mine ( CT, USA ). I had purchased mine through Newark.com. They had given me the UPS tracking number. I guess Newark was a better choice.

Edit : mine also didn"t require a signature .

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Good news, everybody! /Farnsworth

Really glad to see they're starting to pitch up in the US. We'll be at Maker Faire Bay Area in May, too - hope to see some of you there!
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

R4V3N0U5

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22 am

rbmadtown said:

I have my PI too! I actually have 2 so if someone wants the 2nd one I am thinking of selling it on ebay.

Cheat the system much? I don't see how someone could have two unless they found a way to get around the rules of one per customer.

yaconsult

How much were you charged for shipping?

Sun May 13, 2012 4:24 am

Since it came overseas, was there a large delivery charge?

I ordered the first day from Newark and had an early delivery date, but it keeps changing and is now showing the middle of August. :(

LastSilmaril

Re: How much were you charged for shipping?

Sun May 13, 2012 6:10 am

yaconsult wrote:Since it came overseas, was there a large delivery charge?

I ordered the first day from Newark and had an early delivery date, but it keeps changing and is now showing the middle of August. :(
LOL. I got mine from Farnell (ordered 2/29) earlier this week. I would worry more about paying $22 in taxes for absolutely no reason and then getting no explanation after repeated emails than about getting your Pi late.

adlambert

Sun May 13, 2012 6:32 am

R4V3N0U5 wrote:rbmadtown said:

Cheat the system much? I don't see how someone could have two unless they found a way to get around the rules of one per customer.
Not really cheating, 1 per customer from Farnell/Element 14 and another from RS.

(I registered with both, but only got the Farnell one, never heard from RS again after the original acknowledgement)

Return to “General discussion”