C3PO

How to connect DAB radio module to Pi?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:23 am

Greetings fellow Pi enthusiasts

So I've got an old DAB radio lying around in my shed, I've just opened it up and found it has a Venice 4 DAB radio module. Is there any way to connect it up to the GPIO pins on the Pi? I'd imagine there would need to be some programming and coding to make it useable. A front end would be useful too.

The reason I'm asking is because I bought my Pi to use as a car pc, and wasn't sure if I could do away with the original car radio or not. If I can get the Venice working then it will free up a bit more space to put the Pi and other bits behind the dash

I'm currently running my Pi on Xbian with LXDE desktop.

Thanks guys! :D

C3PO

Re: How to connect DAB radio module to Pi?

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Anyone? Surely it's possible? I'm too much of a noob to do this on my own

RaTTuS

Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:56 pm

post some links to the module
data sheets ?
does it work ATM?
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

therealeasterbunny

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi,

I also have a Pi and am also looking to do an in-car MP3 player and hook up a DAB radio via RS232 as I do like my TalkSport chit chat as well as music.

Also I have an old 440x234 LCD 7" TV screen (butchered from a motorised car unit) that I am considering using as screen.

There are other posts on this forum for other including an age old post about a DAB radio once supplied by Halfords whi appears to be rs232 connectable and hex codes given.

I'll keep an eye on this post and also feed back via my project page on this forum when I finally get cracking.

Till then, good luck!

Return to “General discussion”