TheShack

Re: No Pi - Sulking

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:23 am

OK So now I'm sulking.

Spend the night on the sofa so as not to disturb the family. Got up in plenty of time on launch day. Hit the Raspberry Pi Site to find out that RS and Farnell were going to be the distributors. Managed to get a "Successful registration" message just before 6:05. I know this because I tweeted the fact.

Now the Raspberry Pi's are shipping and I have no e-mail from RS with a code. And I see people getting Pi's where they got their registration through much later than me.

What a fiasco....  :-(

obarthelemy

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:47 am

Indeed, if you tweeted it, that seals the deal ^^

Obviously you should have facebooked it too.

aperry

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:16 am

I'm with you!  I registered about the same time (just a few minutes after the whole thing went online) and haven't heard a thing from RS except for one or two confirmations sometime shortly after registering.

Additionally, I finally got an order in at Farnell (Export site) about an hour after launch and my order hasn't been updated in several weeks (since about two days after launch).  To rub salt in my wounds, that update stated that it would ship today, but it still shows backordered.

The weird thing is that I feel like I've waited so long for this thing that I'm starting to lose interest.

Sanddancer75

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Me too.  I registered 2 email addresses (just in case) with RS just after 6 AM on Pi day.  They've stopped emailing updates to one of the addresses already & the other isn't getting anything to get excited about.  ;-(

JoeDaStudd

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm

There was a comment by a member of RS staff a few days ago.

Its basically went, if you received the congratulations email, but haven't had a invite your on the list for the next batch.
They have sent out the first 700 and the other 1200 (which had the email) will get there's once they are back from China (in the next week or so)

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:20 pm

If you've had NOTHING from RS, then check your spam filter. All of mine end up there.

Nothing of importance in mine though as I registered for interest on the 1st Pril, or there abouts.

Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

Sanddancer75

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Hmm?  One account has had nothing since my initial thank you for registration email.  The other has been getting the update emails, but I've not had anything for almost 2 weeks now?

JoeDaStudd

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 pm

The last email from RS I had was on the 4th (April)

This is the message I was talking about

[email protected] on April 13, 2012 at 8:13 pm said:

In answer to a few questions posted on this thread, here’s a summary of how RS are managing the order process:

* We have invited the first 700 people who registered to place their order on our dedicated Raspberry Pi store
* This matches the number of Raspberry Pi’s we have available following Eben’s delivery, which is why we state delivery within seven days – we have the Pi’s ready to ship for the 700 people at the top of our list
* The store has been set up specifically for Raspberry Pi, enabling us to offer payment methods not available on the main RS websites, and to provide a route to purchase for everyone who registered for a Raspberry Pi from RS, whether it’s a personal purchase, for education or for business
* Our invitation list is made up of people from around the world who registered with either RS or Allied Electronics from 6am GMT on 29th Feb. People from over 30 different countries make up this list
* There are 1,300 people who also received a congratulations email from us in March, and have not received an order invitation yet. All of you will be part of our next batch of invitations, to be sent out once we receive confirmation of expected completion dates for the next set of Raspberry Pi’s currently being manufactured
* We don’t have a confirmed date for when we will receive this batch yet (expected to have more details next week – and it we fully expect it to be a matter of weeks not months)

Many apologies if you are part of the 1,300. We’re very sorry that we currently don’t have your Raspberry Pi available, and hope to be able to invite you all to place your order from the next batch very shortly.

toxibunny

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:10 pm

I haven"t had an email from rs for a couple of weeks... poor show, rs, poor show...
note: I may or may not know what I'm talking about...

aperry

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Actually, I was wrong above.  I did, in fact, receive a couple of follow-on emails from RS, which I just located in Gmail's spam folder.  The most recent was April 4.  Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) none of them was an invite to place an order.

Aaron

Roman0

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 pm

There’s been plenty of positive developments in shipping and testing over the last week.

2,000 boards have now been shipped to the Raspberry Pi Foundation in Cambridge, UK (here’s some pictures)
RS and Farnell are working together with the Foundation to accelerate testing, making sure that all Raspberry Pi’s meet the required safe-for-use standards, as many people will be using their Pi's as a finished product.
As soon as certification has been achieved, we will receive our allocation of the first batch of boards. We’re hopeful that this will be very soon.
Our dedicated Raspberry Pi store is getting ready to open to the first group of people in our queue. Once they have placed their orders, we’ll then start inviting the next-in-line into the store.
More deliveries are expected shortly, so we can start fulfilling the extraordinary demand for Raspberry Pi. We’ll keep you up-to-date via our weekly email and online FAQs.

Meanwhile, our DesignSpark electronics design community is seeing many people discussing ideas and thoughts on Raspberry Pi A recent addition is a series of Pi Perspectives where leading UK academics and scientists share their perspective on Raspberry Pi. See what they think, and get information on a Raspberry Pi experimenters kit now being developed.

For developers, we’d also like to point you in the direction of our FREE schematic capture and PCB layout tool. DesignSpark PCB. It’s already won awards from across the globe, and we’re seeing more developers adopt this with some already creating prototyping boards to use with Raspberry Pi.

This one I guess. Nothing from Farnell either, besides a preorder link, that in my country (Poland), seems to lead to a business (not a consumer) site. It asks me for the name of my company, and since I don't belong to any, I guess no RasPi for me.

TheShack

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:26 am

obarthelemy said:

Indeed, if you tweeted it, that seals the deal ^^

Obviously you should have facebooked it too.

Hmmmm.... Only put the twitter comment as a reference as to why I knew the time.

I'v been checking my spam folder at least twice a day... Still no e-mail. In fact the last e-mail from RS was on the 4th April.

Think RS have dropped the ball with this and kept the users very much in the dark, not that it should like Farnell have done any better.

I can also take RS to task about a comment on it's FAQ page. They say that they cannot say where people are in the queue... Rubbish!!!! If each registration is time stamped (as they claim) then a simple script will be able to come up with an order and thus our number in the queue. This could then be emailed to each customer. They could even put a counter on the webpage as to which order they last processed, at least we would see progress.

My main worry is that from other posts it would appear that some people the got their 'registration successful' message after mine and they have got a order number and by now probably delivery.

As it stands, and I have just checked, no order number email.... no pi... still sulking.

robholfter

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:49 am

Alternatively, you could suck in your lower lip, get off yer bum and phone RS!
Detail the evidence of where you see your spot in the queue should be and maybe find out what they can do to satisfy their customer. Surely that would not have taken much more time than was spent posting here!

Anyways, the good news is that all orders received up until yesterday should be delivered in June and orders from the rest of April delivered in July (see post by Liz on home page). It seems the distribution channels are starting to fill with Pi and everyone who wants their slice will have it (relatively) soon!

frying_fish

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:33 am

Robert said:

Alternatively, you could suck in your lower lip, get off yer bum and phone RS!
Detail the evidence of where you see your spot in the queue should be and maybe find out what they can do to satisfy their customer. Surely that would not have taken much more time than was spent posting here!

Anyways, the good news is that all orders received up until yesterday should be delivered in June and orders from the rest of April delivered in July (see post by Liz on home page). It seems the distribution channels are starting to fill with Pi and everyone who wants their slice will have it (relatively) soon!

The issue with your last paragraph about delivery dates is that applies specifically to the Farnell(element14, Newark, whatever they're called in your local area) orders, not RS. I would like to hope that RS is on a similar time scale but YMMV.

Tass

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:24 am

TheShack said:

I'v been checking my spam folder at least twice a day... Still no e-mail. In fact the last e-mail from RS was on the 4th April.

Check again - I received an email from RS yesterday afternoon.

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 am

I also had one from RS Yesterday, the first for a while.
T.
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

TheShack

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:47 am

texy said:

I also had one from RS Yesterday, the first for a while.
T.

Yep I got one also, and for once it didn't go to my spam mail box.

Doesn't really say anything that has not already been said on the forums though. And dosen't tell me where I am in the queue.

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 am

Roman0 said:

This one I guess. Nothing from Farnell either, besides a preorder link, that in my country (Poland), seems to lead to a business (not a consumer) site. It asks me for the name of my company, and since I don't belong to any, I guess no RasPi for me.

I'd just put your name again in that box if I were you.

Return to “General discussion”