gtavc94

Retro Pie DGen Controls Help

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Hello everyone!! I have my raspberry pi running the latest version of retro pie and mostly everything is working well. However, I cannot figure out how to get the controls to work on the Genesis emulator (DGen). The games run fine but I have no controls. I looked for the DGen in the configs folder, but it is not there. I am using a SNES usb controller which works fine on the other emulators. I understand that DGen needs to be configured separately, but I do not know where to start. Can anyone help a noob out??

toadslinger

Re: Retro Pie DGen Controls Help

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:05 am

Dont be shy or fearful, snoop around at the directories and files. As long as you dont delete, rename or edit & save, then you will do no harm.

With that out of the way, I think you will find most config stuff under /etc. CD into the directory and start listing the file. As you list the directory contents, notice the styling on filenames you see. Chevk for the program name with a .config ending or other styles that you observe. Also, check for the device type or manufacturer. The config file will most likely be a pure text file that you can view, print or edit.

Return to “General discussion”