Tass

Re: Anyone heard anything from Farnell?

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:58 pm

While it would appear RS are gearing up to ship their allocation quite enthusiastically, I haven't heard anything (or seen anyone that's heard anything) from Farnell.  Anyone out there have an update on their order indicating imminent delivery?

walney

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Liz did say that she was up in Leeds today with Eben... and that's about where Farnell is based, so maybe they are just awaiting their stock delivery.

Tass

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:14 pm

walney said:

Liz did say that she was up in Leeds today with Eben... and that's about where Farnell is based, so maybe they are just awaiting their stock delivery.

Ah, right - that makes sense!  Damn, if I'd figured that out I would've gone and played Highwayman on the A1!  Mmmmmm..... 1000 Pi..... We all know what their car looks like now!

Tass

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Having thought about it, I've realised people HAVE been hearing from Farnell, with the calls they've been receiving...

TheCrazyInventor

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Nope, heard absolutely nothing. No phone calls, no emails (other then those order confirmation mails from one and a half months ago), nothing.
"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does" -M

naicheben

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:25 pm

My order status changed to something like: "no Pis on stock. Pi will be send when available" or as google translate it to:

"Back-Order This product is on back order and will
returns once again inventory exists."

eastie

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:49 pm

I just got an email from Farnell saying the following:

The following products relating to your Farnell order ######## have now been shipped from our warehouse.

The following tracking number has been given to this shipment: ##############
Click the tracking number to follow the order through the shipping process (you will be taken directly to the carrier's website).

Products shipped in this consignment:

Part Num.
Qty Ordered
Qty Shipped
Qty to Follow
Product description
Mnfr Part #

RASPBRRY-PCBA SBC, RASPBERRY PI, MODEL B
RASPBRRY-PCBA

So it looks like mine is on its way

Tass

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Woohoo! I love you Farnell!! Got the same email

itsonlyme

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Rather surprised but I got one as well, and also a similar email from RS, but at the moment RS have no card number from me.

itsonlyme

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Sorry, forget that about RS. Excited and misread a second email from Farnell.

Apologies.

Cant wait for next week.

Scottland89

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Also got order has shipped email from Farnell Down side is that I'm on late shift next week

Montala

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:21 pm

I have posted this in two other threads already, but it would appear that some folk in the UK have already received theirs from Farnell/Element 14.

Aren't they lucky!

fishmurderer

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:46 pm

No email as yet, and I'm not bothered I'd rather a larger allocation of the initial units was earmarked as school/media use to drum up interest than be sent to individuals like me (frankly, I'm going to piss about with it, break it, start again... REPEAT UNTIL FALSE etc). It comes when it comes.

Simon H

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Montala said:

I have posted this in two other threads already, but it would appear that some folk in the UK have already received theirs from Farnell/Element 14.

Aren't they lucky!

Don't see how they could have, see picture below of Liz and Ebon delivering them to Farnell today.

https://twitter.com/#!/element14news/st ... 96/photo/1

simonIOW

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:57 pm

I put my order into Farnell on the 3rd March.

No email yet from Farnell, but order status is now 'Processing'.

Fingers crossed!

mkopack

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Well, sounds like it's only you folks in the UK getting to be in the "party" for now...

I hope both distribs hurry up and start shipping product out to the rest of us (like me in the USA) soon....

Simon H

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:55 pm

mkopack said:

Well, sounds like it's only you folks in the UK getting to be in the "party" for now...

I hope both distribs hurry up and start shipping product out to the rest of us (like me in the USA) soon....

On the Some TV coverage from today post on the front page RS have answered some questions:

* We have invited the first 700 people who registered to place their order on our dedicated Raspberry Pi store

* Our invitation list is made up of people from around the world who registered with either RS or Allied Electronics from 6am GMT on 29th Feb. People from over 30 different countries make up this list

So they have shipped all over the world. Farnell are slightly different I thing as there are different sites for different continents and only the UK one seems to have taken orders first thing after release, took me over a hour of refreshing to get mine in.

mkopack

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Well, then something's up...

I had registered interest with RS within the first MINUTE of the site going live... NO email (yes I checked my spam folder)  I DO get emails from time to time with the "status updates" but that's it...

Sigh.. Oh well, I have one on order from Newark anyhow, so I'll just have to wait... No biggie, I have a Pandaboard ES to play with already... (and no time to use it..)

Simon H

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:08 pm

I also registered on RS in the first 10-15 mins but not in there first 700 by looks of it, I am in the UK so it's not just you. The registrations must have been huge in the first few minutes before the site gave up.

Maybe you will get the next lot as I guess they both have another 3-4000 from the first batch to come.

bwoodbury

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:18 pm

The following recent comments from Jenny at Element 14 are buried in the front page

JennyPeters on April 15, 2012 at 9:38 amsaid:

From the initial batch of Raspberry Pi’s we received on Friday, we shipped the UK and European ones to customer immediatally and shipped a portion to our Distribution Centres in the USA and Australia, and Asia. They will then ship them directly to customers so expect them to start arriving mid next week (i’m from element14!)

JennyPeters on April 15, 2012 at 9:40 amsaid:

element14 Distribution Centres in Asia will receive them by Tuesday and will then start shipping to customers across the region including China.

JennyPeters on April 15, 2012 at 9:42 amsaid:

There are 2 US distributors – Newark element14 are taking orders now though delivery times are currently out to the summer we expect this to improve as we ramp up production now. The other distributor is allied but can’t comment on their deliveries you’d need to check with them.

JennyPeters on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 pmsaid: (replying to an inquiry about Australia)

They will receive stock early next week and will start shipping to customers immediatally

JennyPeters on April 15, 2012 at 1:55 pmsaid:

Next 4000 expected in may – exact date still to be agreed

Thanks Jenny

aperry

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:27 pm

I ordered mine through Farnell Export about an hour after the launch.  I received an order confirmation and an estimated ship date within a couple days of ordering.  My ship date is April 16 however that was given to me a couple days after the launch and I haven't heard anything since then.  I have a feeling that Export was a bad decision and I'm in for a long wait.  It's never included in any of the updates from Farnell?

Return to “General discussion”