chickey

Re: RS Order form authorisation code input

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:30 am

I was going to post just before saying i wasn't sure if people hadn't posted the link deliberately or not.  They've probably not made it public since they don't want it bombarded as mentioned.

Kallo

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Tass said:

My guess is that you can't get onto the site at all without a code (anyone care to confirm?  Along with a few screenshots for us code-less losers? )

You need a code to login and once you have used the code you can no longer log back in again with the same code.

Once in it's just a store page with the Raspberry Pi and some other things like a memory card, usb cable etc.

Tass

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Kallo said:

Tass said:

My guess is that you can't get onto the site at all without a code (anyone care to confirm?  Along with a few screenshots for us code-less losers? )

You need a code to login and once you have used the code you can no longer log back in again with the same code.

Once in it's just a store page with the Raspberry Pi and some other things like a memory card, usb cable etc.

Thanks Kallo.  Are those generic, blank SD cards, or pre-loaded SD cards?  And do they have the 300% markup that Farnell's SD cards have?

Kallo

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:54 pm

It was a 4GB blank card I think. Can't remember how much it cost though. Would log back in to check for you but I've already used my code so it won't let me back in now.

rmwebs

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Kallo said:

It was a 4GB blank card I think. Can't remember how much it cost though. Would log back in to check for you but I've already used my code so it won't let me back in now.

They were fairly expensive, as were all the accessories. It's much cheaper to just grab them from a reputable ebay based shop (not a random ebay person who may have dodgy cards) or somewhere like 7dayshop or amazon.

chickey

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 pm

I thought they were a bit expensive butnot hideously bad.  I was also more thinking i didnt want anything to delay the order.

Montala

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:08 pm

I picked up a pack containing two SanDisk 4GB SDHC Class 4 cards from Amazon (U.K.) for £7.40 a couple of days ago, so reckon they should be genuine, and will hopefully work OK… as well as being a lot cheaper than buying them directly from either RS or Element 14.

I wouldn't trust some of the very cheap ones currently being offered on eBay though.

observing

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:10 am

Just ordered 15 minutes ago. My reference number was 1490

Return to “General discussion”