liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Re: New post on the front page - bits and bobs of news

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Nothing terribly exciting today (it's a slow week while we wait for the lawyers to go over the paperwork), but we thought you'd like to be kept informed about what we're doing.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Actually, I don't want to be informed. I have quite enough information already. There isn't any room in my head for any more information. Oh, wait a minute... This is the 'At Home with the Kardasians' forum isn't it?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

n3tw0rk5

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm

I'd say the possibility of the RasPi's shipping next week is a eeensy weensy bit exciting!

tufty

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:08 pm

I agree with James. Less information is good. Last night I inadvertantly heard the football results, and ended up forgetting how to walk.

abishur

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:02 pm

JamesH said:

Actually, I don't want to be informed. I have quite enough information already. There isn't any room in my head for any more information. Oh, wait a minute... This is the 'At Home with the Kardasians' forum isn't it?

My dad tuned to that show and was very sad to not see a bunch of grey skinned guys with cobra like necks in grey and silver military uniforms.  I had to explain to him that the ones he likes are spelled with a 'C' not a 'K'
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

scep

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Abishur said:

JamesH said:

My dad tuned to that show and was very sad to not see a bunch of grey skinned guys with cobra like necks in grey and silver military uniforms.  I had to explain to him that the ones he likes are spelled with a 'C' not a 'K'

Could be worse. My dad once tuned to a show called The Cardassian Union and was very sad not to see bronze skinned ladies with fox like bodies in pink and black bathing suits.  Disappointed, he did the sensible thing and used the time to polish his Python in anticipation.

colin B

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 pm

You sir, owe me a new keyboard after the tea in my mouth inexplicably left it in a downward motion onto and into keyboard due to an unexpected chortling fit.

In future please preface your comments with a humour warning -' CAUTION: This sentence may make you laugh', or, ' 9 out of 10 readers chuckled heavily upon perusal'

scep said:

Disappointed, he did the sensible thing and used the time to polish his Python in anticipation.

On a clear disk one can seek forever

TheCrazyInventor

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:04 pm

n3tw0rk5 said:

I'd say the possibility of the RasPi's shipping next week is a eeensy weensy bit exciting!

" Our partners hope to begin shipping units to those at the front of the queue around the start of next week"

In other words, no shipped Pis yet until the week after next week. I'm calling it. Can't say I'm excited just yet...
"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does" -M

jamesh

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm

scep said:

Abishur said:

JamesH said:

Could be worse. My dad once tuned to a show called The Cardassian Union and was very sad not to see bronze skinned ladies with fox like bodies in pink and black bathing suits.  Disappointed, he did the sensible thing and used the time to polish his Python in anticipation.

Nearly spat my wine on that one. Cheers Scep.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Tass

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:15 pm

OK, so great news about the impending shipments.  I was just wondering how many are available to ship.  Does anyone know (well, can anyone tell me I should say) what the progress is on the remaining 8,000 boards that were being re-worked?  I know Eben made a guess at 2-3 weeks behind the first 2000, which would make them imminent.

Does 'the start of next week' perhaps coincide with the next shipment arriving, or am I grasping at straws here?

TheCrazyInventor

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 pm

TheCrazyInventor said:

In other words, no shipped Pis yet until the week after next week. I'm calling it. Can't say I'm excited just yet...

Well, guess I'll have to swallow those words. Perhaps they'll taste less sour with a raspberry.

I'm glad to be wrong this time, though...
"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does" -M

Return to “General discussion”