qnhoang81

Re: problems setting raspberry pi up with lapdock 500

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Yes. Don't forget to connect all wires to USB end and have it connected, or the screen will not stay on.

apakezdodik

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 pm

qnhoang81 wrote:Yes. Don't forget to connect all wires to USB end and have it connected, or the screen will not stay on.
so i have to put an usb connector to the another end too and plug it in the laptop/phone? at that end,the 4 pin is enough right?

qnhoang81

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:13 pm

When I tested this, the 5 pins need to be connected, but my setup is a little different since I use the breakout board instead of the 5 pin cables. It's worth a test... but my setup has 2 breakout boards connected to each other with the 5 pins. Theoretically, because the cable should work also.

apakezdodik

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:23 am

qnhoang81 wrote:When I tested this, the 5 pins need to be connected, but my setup is a little different since I use the breakout board instead of the 5 pin cables. It's worth a test... but my setup has 2 breakout boards connected to each other with the 5 pins. Theoretically, because the cable should work also.
thanks.can you post the schematucs and some close pictures from the boards

qnhoang81

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 pm

apakezdodik wrote:
qnhoang81 wrote:Yes. Don't forget to connect all wires to USB end and have it connected, or the screen will not stay on.
so i have to put an usb connector to the another end too and plug it in the laptop/phone? at that end,the 4 pin is enough right?
I did a test of this to be sure, and 4 pins work

apakezdodik

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:04 pm

qnhoang81 wrote:
apakezdodik wrote:
I did a test of this to be sure, and 4 pins work

thanks.so on the computer end 4 pin is enough but on the female side ill need 5 pin,right?so i buy a female micro plug with 5 wire,put a momentary swith on the sense and d+ and than join the 4 wires (without sense ) to the male a end than plug it in the pc.correct?

/did you manage to make a schematic?

qnhoang81

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Not yet. Haven't had the time from my real job. :D

By the way, the cable you posted said mini USB - probably not what you want

apakezdodik

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:27 pm

qnhoang81 wrote:Not yet. Haven't had the time from my real job. :D

because it says mini?i checked it after the picture and it is clearly a micro socket

heres the same cable with same pics as an 5pcs lot listed as micro

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5PCS-Mi ... 0.0.QrnWDm

chinese sellers often clueless there :mrgreen:

LAK132

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:12 am

Does anyone know what type of connector is used for the USB/HDMI connector internally? I'm going to try make a cable for it completely from scratch with a push button built in

qnhoang81

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:52 am

Not sure about the connector, but just looking at the behavior of this vs. the Atrix, I doubt it's the same.

On a side note, here's my MacBook using the 500 as a second monitor. I'm going to attempt to create a connector for my iPhone as I believe there are some lightning to MHL adapter that I can potentially split to make the keyboard work. :D
Attachments
IMG_2540.JPG
IMG_2540.JPG (35.74 KiB) Viewed 2755 times

apakezdodik

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:34 am

qnhoang81 wrote:Not yet. Haven't had the time from my real job. :D

hey.can you make the schematics at the weekend? :)

apakezdodik

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:31 pm

can somebody identify please the 2 burnt chips please? i thk they are some fets

http://imgur.com/a/UXizs

qnhoang81

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Sorry for the delay, I've been ridiculously slammed lately. Finally managed to draw one on paper. Probably not as nice as I could have made it, but it gets the information across. The push button switch create a temp connection to signal the screen to turn on. The rest is dependent on the the connection of the D- and D+ to the lapdock. Let me know if this helps a little...

I made another adapter to sell and will put it on Ebay for people who are not feeling up to the task of collecting the materials and cables and putting it all together in a convenient package. If there are enough interests, I will make more. Right now, I have an extra one if people on here wants to get the first stab at it.

Edit:

Just realized how awful the image looked scaled down. Here is an Imgur link:
http://imgur.com/bsEtKmL

apakezdodik

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:39 pm

qnhoang81 wrote:Sorry for the delay, I've been ridiculously slammed lately. Finally managed to draw one on paper. Probably not as nice as I could have made it, but it gets the information across. The push button switch create a temp connection to signal the screen to turn on. The rest is dependent on the the connection of the D- and D+ to the lapdock. Let me know if this helps a little...

I made another adapter to sell and will put it on Ebay for people who are not feeling up to the task of collecting the materials and cables and putting it all together in a convenient package. If there are enough interests, I will make more. Right now, I have an extra one if people on here wants to get the first stab at it.

Edit:

sure it helped,thanks / it seems my lapdock is dead -check my previos post- so if i cannot repair it,ill need a new motherboard :( if anyone here have one,let me know :)

qnhoang81

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:53 pm

apakezdodik wrote:
qnhoang81 wrote:Sorry for the delay, I've been ridiculously slammed lately. Finally managed to draw one on paper. Probably not as nice as I could have made it, but it gets the information across. The push button switch create a temp connection to signal the screen to turn on. The rest is dependent on the the connection of the D- and D+ to the lapdock. Let me know if this helps a little...

Edit:

sure it helped,thanks / it seems my lapdock is dead -check my previos post- so if i cannot repair it,ill need a new motherboard :( if anyone here have one,let me know :)
Whoa... that's rough. Not sure what the burnt chips are though, so I can't help there. On a brigher note, there were some posts regarding a controller board for the screen, so you may be able to salvage and make a DYI monitor/laptop.

apakezdodik

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:10 pm

qnhoang81 wrote:
apakezdodik wrote:

Edit:

Whoa... that's rough. Not sure what the burnt chips are though, so I can't help there. On a brigher note, there were some posts regarding a controller board for the screen, so you may be able to salvage and make a DYI monitor/laptop.
yes i saw that but the guy who posted wont responds(asked him about the type of the board) plus theres another problem with it:no keyboard and mouse :(

qnhoang81

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:19 pm

If you take out the LCD, you can google the number on the back for the controller board.

apakezdodik

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:27 pm

qnhoang81 wrote:If you take out the LCD, you can google the number on the back for the controller board.
well yes but still no keyboard and mouse with it :( but i get a tought.does a board exist for the keyboard too like for the lcd? like keyboard ribbon cable -> usb output?

qnhoang81

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:48 pm

I hear you about the keyboard and mouse. This was why getting the lapdock operational was so important to me. If I were you, I would sell it and put the proceeds toward another one... you can get them around $70 ish

apakezdodik

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:29 am

qnhoang81 wrote:I hear you about the keyboard and mouse. This was why getting the lapdock operational was so important to me. If I were you, I would sell it and put the proceeds toward another one... you can get them around $70 ish
70ish?where?it is very rare in middle europe where i live

qnhoang81

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:12 am

Yeah... in the US. We have them on EBay every other week or so.

apakezdodik

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:00 pm

qnhoang81 wrote:Yeah... in the US. We have them on EBay every other week or so.
well the shipping prices are horrible to overseas + duty fee,taxes,so not an option(approx doubles the price) and within the eu it is rare so :cry:

qnhoang81

Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:02 pm

In case anyone not feel like making one, here is the ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Connector-Switc ... SwOddYyMDp

rafateccabos

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:48 pm

I mounted this cable micro usb female x Usb + MIcro Usb Male, with jumper between 5V and ID as in the pinnacle posted here on the blog. But it did not work. can anybody help me?

Return to “General discussion”