Minty

Re: Status Updates (a.k.a where's my pi at?)

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Abishur said:

I'd register with both and see who can fulfill it the fastest, neither will charge you until the pi is ready to ship, even though Farnell (Element14) will take your credit information up front.

It depends on how early in June your son's birthday is (I'm erring on the side of caution and *guessing* out me bum that it will arrive late June early July), but it's around $42 USD after tax/shipping so if you really want to get it, maybe he'll accept a smaller token gift on his actual b-day and be excited for later in the month when the R-pi arrives?

Thanks very much for your helpful reply Abishur.

I thought I had registered with both.

Glad to hear it is pre-ordering with RS.

RS sent an email, explaining the delay etc. brilliant.

However not heard anything from Farnell, they didn't take credit information, so I am left wondering if I am on a list or not!

Birthday late June, so fingers firmly crossed, also in the hope that I may be able to buy a second R-Pi for daughters 10th birthday end of August.

Many thanks for your help and for the great forum, I'm learning loads!

Minty

abishur

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:37 pm

No problem!  We've found that for some odd reason a lot of correspondence with Farnell/RS ends up in junk mail folder (especially if you're using gmail).  Otherwise contact Farnell and confirm your order status if you want some peace of mind

And to be fair, it's been almost two months since I went through the process, so it's possible that Farnell  changed the way they do pre-orders
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

zoltan

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Abishur said:

zoltan said:

The missing 8k turned up!

http://www.raspberrypi.org/arc.....ment-20415

in reply to:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/arc.....ment-20403

Why is it so difficult to centralize information?

Er.... you mean like the very first post on a thread titled "Status Updates (a.k.a where's my pi at?)" (which I updated several hours ago to reflect that very information)

Yeah, your're right.

I will not comment on the foundations information policy anymore. Just waiting for my Pi, and when it actually arrives, I will see what it can do for me.

Thanks and Roger, Roger.

And

magnets

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:19 am

My PI just arrived!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

and just so this isn't a complete waste of a post.

I'm in australia

I ordered through farnell by phone, about 4 minutes after launch. Using an account already established.

I was told at the time of ordering that it would be delivered on the 24th of April.

I recieved an email with an order number.

I recieved nothing else until my PI arrived in the mail today!

My credit card has yet to be charged.

And without admitting anything, i wonder how many people ordered through RS AND Farnell?

exartemarte

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 pm

magnets said:

And without admitting anything, i wonder how many people ordered through RS AND Farnell?

I doubt whether many have had the opportunity to place an actual order with RS. I ordered from Farnell on 3 March and at the same time I registered my interest with RS. Apart from an acknowledgement I've heard nothing from RS since, so unless something unexpected occurs it will be Farnell that gets my business.

And, yes, it has crossed my mind that many, perhaps most, of us will have done both in order to keep our options open. Farnell apparently has 300k orders - if RS has something similar I won't be surprised if that translates into total sales of 310k rather than 600k. And, hopefully, neither will they...

frying_fish

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 pm

That is great news.

Relatedly, RS have changed their website for the Raspberry pi section. They state they are getting their next shipment soon and such. Hopefully they will start fulfilling more orders soon.

WildWalker

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:22 pm

frying_fish said:

That is great news.

Relatedly, RS have changed their website for the Raspberry pi section. They state they are getting their next shipment soon and such. Hopefully they will start fulfilling more orders soon.

I ordered at Farnell, and registered at RS. If both contact me to buy, I will buy from both

Jaseman

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm

It is the 25th of April 2012.

I've been very reserved thus far, resisting the attempt to try and order a model B, but this morning I decided - What the heck! - I shall have a go.

Farnell said: 'Thanks for registering your interest with Farnell.  We will be sending an email in the next few days with details on how to order.'

RS Components said: 'Dear Customer, Thank you for joining the Raspberry Pi revolution and registering your interest in Raspberry Pi’s Model B board from RS Components.  We have received extraordinary levels of demand for this product. To help ensure as many people as possible can experience the Raspberry Pi concept, we are initially limiting boards to one per customer, and we will send you regular updates on availability. As boards arrive into stock, they will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis, in order of when requests were received.  Thank you for your patience; we will be in touch as soon as possible with more details.'

I'm sceptical about what my experience will be, but I shall let you know how it progresses, and whether I actually ever get one.

999frogs

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Has anyone heard anything from RS other than their original mail ?

woeful communication letting the whole process down. Think they have had one update to the original message on their PiPage in @ 8 weeks

Galling as I pretty much drive past their premises in Corby every day !

RaTTuS

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 pm

http://www.designspark.com/kno.....s-answered

but also check your spam folder - [not that I've had any news since bloody ages ago ]
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

donniezazen

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:42 pm

So, the bottom line is that the customers who ordered it on launch day will have their R-pi mailed by May 1st. Is that right?
Their are going to be no more email update or delivery status update but you will be directly receiving the R-Pi.

I am asking because I want to order accessories accordingly.

ben26nov1996

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:29 pm

"Everyone who's ordered by April 18th can expect their Pi by end of June"

I ordered my pi on the 18th of june, does that mean i will recieve the pi at the end of june or with the next mass shipment???

abishur

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:01 pm

donniezazen said:

So, the bottom line is that the customers who ordered it on launch day will have their R-pi mailed by May 1st. Is that right?
Their are going to be no more email update or delivery status update but you will be directly receiving the R-Pi.

I am asking because I want to order accessories accordingly.

I think they are saying that they expect to receive their remaining half of the initial batch by May 1st which they will then start shipping out.

donniezazen

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks.

rgmward

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 am

Crundy said:

Same here. I couldn't even get on Farnell's site on launch day (29/2?), so I registered with RS and have only had emails about compliance testing. A bit miffed that Farnell customers are getting theirs already and RS customers have got nothing.

That is not correct.

both RS and Farnell has dispatched about 750 each to customers (1500 happy pi users).

Yes, Farnell and RS are handling the process differently, and only taking 'orders' from customers once they have the pi's available for dispatch, but both suppliers have received and dispatched the same number, and will also both be dispatching the same number from the remaining 8000 from the first batch.

note: i am not raspberry pi staff or volunteer - I know this information to be correct from reading the posts from Farnell, RS, Liz, Eben and other forum members.

personally, i am still waiting - keeping relatively quiet because i know that everyone is doing everything they can.  it will take time.

After the remainder of the original 10,000 batch, both RS and Farnell are doing their own production.  I assume that they will both produce at a similar rate, and dispatch at a similar rate - but we just need a bit of patience.  end of June still feels a long way away.  I registered interest with RS in the first 15 minutes and 'ordered' with Farnell at 8:14.  I am generally quite an impatient person, but with all the clear and detailed updated from the foundation, I am keeping my patience under control!

baz4096

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Woo, I too have just received my "w/c 7th May" email from Farnell UK.

I ordered on 29th Feb around 1130am, order confirmation 1646XXXX if that's any use to anyone else?

abishur

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm

n31l said:

End of june thats a 3 month wait from the order date. must be made from unobtainium!

arg unobtainium, could they have been any less creative?!  *ahem* Anyways, I mentioned a week ago that I would be locking this thread as it had outlived it's usefulness and I delayed a little on doing it cause y'all were having fun but I'm locking it now.  I'll update it when there's any official word on the last bit of the initial batch and again when we hear about the first of the serial production coming off the line.

I'm also going to retroactively clean up the thread so that there are only on topic (or close to on topic) posts.  No offense if your post is removed

Return to “General discussion”