Tass

Re: Concern trolling

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 am

Grumpyoldgit said:

Move along. These are not the droids you are looking for.

richardp

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 am

Tass said:

richardp said:

I don't take forums seriously, but I do not like censorship or bias… we might as well be in china and delete all posts that provoke thought.

Well, again you seem to have a very different view of what's going on to several other people that are commenting on this thread.

Do you really think that threads are being locked or deleted because they're simply thought-provoking?

Or do you think that they're maybe being locked or deleted because they're trying to be offensive/insulting/racist, or trying to repeatedly (remember – repeatedly is the important word here) argue a point when they've been asked very nicely to stop their constant attack by an admin?

I have seen people needlessly attacked here 'cos they showed concern.. and in the end being labelled a 'Doubting Thomas'

Personal attacks are not in the spirit of the game, and that is the only time I would recommend a Ban; but other times, people should just take a chill pill, the 'Block User' button should be there somewhere

Nuff said.. life is too short to ignore the beer.
RaspberryPi's galore
Solid run CuBox
ODroid U2

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:21 am

Too short indeed, and I think this thread is long enough that we are going over old ground. Locking now.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 am

Fascist! (Sorry. Couldn't resist. Thread really *is* locked now.)
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

Return to “General discussion”