jamodio

Re: New Launch date ...

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Why we don't set February 29th, 2013 (1) as the new launch date ?

Meanwhile we can talk about something else and if something happens before that date we say "surprise" !!

The updates with lack of concrete information, the answers, and counter answers with more lack of concrete information are becoming annoying.

(1- Oppsss 2013 is not a leap year so we are cool if we miss that one)

poing

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:43 pm

I just think 'August' (went with RS a week after Pi-day). In the mean time I have several older computers I can use as a Linux box to play.

I also think that once production starts rolling it will be quick; it's not the most complicated piece of hardware to make.

Jongoleur
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Oh dear.....
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Can't you people just be patient, instead of harping on about this? Is it really necessary to take the [expletive changed - alternative use Urine] all the time? It really not helpful, and just makes you look like a bit of a tit.

Locking thread.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:59 pm

What makes you think that any boards will be delivered even by the end of February (or the beginning of March) 2013? I certainly haven"t seen any evidence of that. I do have to admit it was really clever of them to schedule Another Day That Will Live in Infamy on a day that can only be "celebrated" every four years, though

Hey, we"re just entertaining ourselves for lack of anything else to do without boards in front of us, and the "entertainment" will continue until we have working boards in our hot little hands, OK? We know where you live ... well, down to the country code level ... don"t make us traceroute you

jamesh

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm intrigued as to how you posted to a locked thread.

Please refrain from taking the urine - you may call it entertainment, I call it trolling. The second gets you banned. I have seen evidence, so you can wind your comment back if you don't mind.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Return to “General discussion”