liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Re: New video post from Gert on the front page

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:51 am

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/868

Gert's got some news about Gertboard, and a really sweet demo to show you. Enjoy!
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

dognosh

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Excellent

Smartybones

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Their appears to be a little bit of confusion on the cost of the gertboard and what you get.

is it going to be a complete unit, a self-assembly kit, just the unpopulated board with parts list, or a combo of all?

abishur

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm

smartybones said:

Their appears to be a little bit of confusion on the cost of the gertboard and what you get.

is it going to be a complete unit, a self-assembly kit, just the unpopulated board with parts list, or a combo of all?

Well Liz said in one of the comments

I’m not sure what Gert’s plans are: we are hoping to be able to provide the board as a bare PCB plus a parts kit, or just as the PCB itself. The parts kit is a bit fiddly for Gert to get together himself, but we at the Foundation are looking at ways to help him out at the moment

So sadly, until those details are worked out, I would imagine the price is a bit in flux.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Smartybones

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Abishur said:

Well Liz said in one of the comments

I’m not sure what Gert’s plans are: we are hoping to be able to provide the board as a bare PCB plus a parts kit, or just as the PCB itself. The parts kit is a bit fiddly for Gert to get together himself, but we at the Foundation are looking at ways to help him out at the moment

So sadly, until those details are worked out, I would imagine the price is a bit in flux.

thanks for that, I missed that comment.

maybe it would be possible just have a page on the raspberry website with a list of the RS and Farnell order numbers for the components. maybe on the wikki pages so they can be easy updated for additional component suppliers?

Return to “General discussion”