lifebeginsatsixty

Portrait mode (display_rotate) under Berryboot

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:53 pm

I have berryboot happily running the latest of Rasbian Wheezy on an old hard drive (after initially being unsure how to upgrade to that - thanks Max! for a previous post) and would like to rotate the screen like I did while running from an SD card. Then it was display_rotate=3 in a file in /boot called config.txt. Now it isn't. Is there a simple way out?

Thanks,
lbas

MrSaliva

Re: Portrait mode (display_rotate) under Berryboot

Thu May 09, 2013 9:51 am

I'm sure you've had someone mention this, but.. I think the config.txt file is read as one of the very first first tasks so perhaps Berryboot has moved it and/or is reading a different copy of the file? i.e. one that does not have the rotate=3 (or whatever you rotate the display to) command in it.
It took me a long time to get my display booting and running in portrait mode, and I feel your pain. My problems were with faulty memory card supplied with the Pi. (USA distributor)
Once I've got this thing configured the way I want it (which is a very steep learning curve for me..) then it makes sense to do a capture of the memory card so I have a back up. But damned if I can find a program that will let me do that (in windows; because I can't put two memory cards into the Pi) so off I go to look yet again.
Cheers

RaTTuS

Re: Portrait mode (display_rotate) under Berryboot

Thu May 09, 2013 10:01 am

win32diskimager can do the copy for you
you can get a cheap usb SD card adapter and put that in the RPi and use dd to duplicate the SD card
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Return to “General discussion”