WorldOfPi

Re: Raspberry Pi - The Movie?

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Having recently watch BBC's Micro Men again and seen the battle between Sinclair and Acorn dramatised, I was wondering when we are going to see the Raspberry Pi docu-drama, and who will play Liz in it?

grumpyoldgit

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

I saw it last night. Very interesting. I did not realise at the time that the two companies were so linked. I'm not quite sure what they were trying to achieve in having Alexander Armstrong and Martin Freeman in the lead roles. Sinclair was portrayed in a rather unsympathetic light as a bit of a fool but he certainly wouldn't have got where he did without considerable business skills. I was amused that they looked down their noses at Alan Sugar as being a bit of a barrow boy but in reality all three of them were very similar.

Kernel

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:04 pm

WorldOfPi said:

Having recently watch BBC's Micro Men again and seen the battle between Sinclair and Acorn dramatised, I was wondering when we are going to see the Raspberry Pi docu-drama, and who will play Liz in it?

In 20 years time I'll turn on the TV and think of this post - history in the making

As for who will play Liz I'm guessing the current crop of actresses might be too old by then

Cylon

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:37 pm

I think Liz should play herself, tarantino style

andytuk

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 pm

All of the hardware you see in micro men was provided by http://www.computinghistory.org.uk

If you look closely, you can see Jason playing David Davis.

I have also used the same tools they used to eat the chinese with.

Kernel

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:01 pm

andytuk said:

All of the hardware you see in micro men was provided by http://www.computinghistory.org.uk

If you look closely, you can see Jason playing David Davis.

I have also used the same tools they used to eat the chinese with.

more history

Return to “General discussion”