zyyzxx

Approval process

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 pm

It's now a month since I submitted an updated version of my Quadoku game. What's the delay in approving it? If there is a problem, why not tell me about it.

Pankoi

Re: Approval process

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi there,

If an app has already been approved once, subsequent updates to it shouldn't require approval and should be available straight away. I remember Quadoku at one point being in the 'Finished' section of the store (so it should have already been approved), but it's now been set to 'In Progress' as of around a month ago. Could you have perhaps set it to In Progress by mistake? If so, you should be able to move it back to 'Finished' through the developer area of the site.

If this isn't the case, it's possible that there's a problem going on (I'm not sure I've seen an app move from 'Finished' to 'In Progress' before, so that could be something to do with it) and I'll see if someone can look at it after the Easter weekend. :)

~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.

zyyzxx

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks for the reply. Done what you suggested and the puzzle is available again. Unfortunately it is the old version, not the new one. What's the procedure for updating software? I just uploaded the new version, should I have deleted the old version first?
Regards Trevor

DrPiD

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:27 am

Hey Trevor,

Once you uploaded the latest version did you hit the build button? The build process will replace your files on the server and announce to the client that there's a new version available.
Community Manager - IndieCity

zyyzxx

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi DrPiD,
Thanks for the advice, clicked on Build and got the new version.
Thanks Trevor

Return to “General discussion”