nullstring

Re: TV-Tuner/Capture

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Quote from stuporhero on October 17, 2011, 18:57
I thought a large number of DVB-T cards worked under Linux (given the card is identified correctly and the firmware is uploaded to them)?

Sure, but how thoroughly have these been tested on an ARMv6?

Otto

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:34 pm

I would like DVB-S2 and Enigma running on mine...

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Quote from nullstring on October 14, 2011, 18:13
Quote from The Cageybee on October 14, 2011, 14:48

What I was trying to get at with they subsystem/USB bit is that, as the TV tuner and storage device, HDD or SDcard are all connected to the same USB root hub, your overhead is effectively doubled as the stream travels from the tuner over USB to the cpu and then back out over the USB to the storage device. Shouldn't be a problem with SD broadcasts but HD can use quite high bitrates.

I am worried about the same thing.
I'm wondering if there is a way to connect a real hard drive to the SD slot. AFAIK the SD card slot uses MMC directly to the chip. I am not sure what the bitrate of this is.. but it'd be nice if we could use this rather than usb for the disk.

Just saw this post from earlier.

The SD card isn't attached to the USB - it's connected directly to the GPU, and I think we get some pretty high bitrates to the card - certainly faster than the cards can usually handle (i.e. going up a class the GPU still keeps up) - so the speed of the card is usually the limiting factor, not the interface. We can certainly encode/record 1080p30.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Return to “General discussion”