GeneralFranco

Send files from computer to RPi

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi,
I am currently using a Raspberry Pi with Openelec and have a 2TB external drive plugged into it. What I wish to know is how can I configure it so that I can send new files from the laptop to the hard drive over the network. I can access all the files and copy them to the laptop from the hard drive but when I try it the other way around I get an error stating that there is not enough room. I presume that this is a permissions settings, but it is one that I would like to overcome. Bear in mind that I am a novice and I am aware that there is probably an simple answer to this.
Also I apologise if I am asking something that has already been asked but I could not find anything in the forums.

waltd

Re: Send files from computer to RPi

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:35 pm

I use WinSCP to transfer files back and forth from my Windows 7 PC to my Raspberry Pi. It works very well. You'll need to know the network IP address of your Pi on your network and type that address into WinSCP.

unclejed613

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:24 am

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezil ... =directory

any graphical FTP program would work, i chose this one because it's a very common cross-platform utility. there are others. if you are using windows, you can go to sourceforge and do a search.

i use gftp because it came already installed in the linux distribution (slackware) that i use.

toxibunny

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:07 am

I use mobaXterm. It's nice and easy to use, and does more than just transfer files :)
note: I may or may not know what I'm talking about...

GeneralFranco

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks guys, finally got it working with MobaXterm, nice little piece of software, now that i have a better understanding I might dabble with the others.
The reason it took me so long was that I was also having network troubles so that did not help.

Thanks again.

Return to “General discussion”