fuzzy812

Re: MPEG-2 & VC-1 license key queries / issues

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:00 pm

I ordered my MPG2 on 4/9/13 and received it the morning of 4/10/13.

I ordered my VC-1 on 4/10/13 in the morning. received the confirm/order complete email. But still have yet to receive the actual key.

I receive all correspondance fine on the email I have provided (I received the MPG2 key fine).

I have emailed [email protected] and not received a reply yet.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

TheQuestor

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:54 pm

fuzzy812 wrote:I ordered my MPG2 on 4/9/13 and received it the morning of 4/10/13.

I ordered my VC-1 on 4/10/13 in the morning. received the confirm/order complete email. But still have yet to receive the actual key.

I receive all correspondance fine on the email I have provided (I received the MPG2 key fine).

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Give it a day or two. An old saying is "Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom found in woman, never found in man"

fuzzy812

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 pm

fuzzy812 wrote:I ordered my MPG2 on 4/9/13 and received it the morning of 4/10/13.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
I have received them... thank you :)

HelloMick

Tue May 21, 2013 5:42 am

I ordered (#71664) my MPG2 & VC-1 key on 5/18/13 but have not received anything.
And I can't log in to my account on Raspberry Pi Store. One day before it works.

I didn't receive any email from raspberry. Only from PayPal.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Mick

SuMiHe

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:06 am

Hi,
My order from Juli 23.
Your order from Raspberry Pi Store (#86102)

Nothing here until now.

Thanks a lot.

Send this mail to [email protected]
But Mail returns with
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. The following addresses failed:

SuMiHe

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Got a reply with the codes today.
All work's perfect for me now.

DrunkPuppy

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello,
I ordred MPEG-2 license key at Aug. 6th (order #88815) and didn't receive the key yet.
I tried to contact the store via [email protected] - no replay.
Thank you,
Daniel

Coldflu

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:14 am

It appears there are many of us whom can't seem to get their license in the advertised within 72 hours. Perhaps some work to automate the software process to generate the license upon confirmation of payment from PayPal would great old idea that many companies use to generate keys. I have yet to receive my key ordered on 11/15/2013 and am now past the 72 hours. I sent a message to Emma earlier in the day for status with no response back. Appears to be a lack of customer experience concern here.. My order number is 111482. Perhaps writing here in this Forumn is the only way to get a response.

sgomare

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:30 am

I have ordered keys on Friday 15, November until now I haven't received license keys.
Order confirmation received without any problem, 72 hours dead line doesn't seems to be truthful.

I have already sent my detail to official ID but like keys no one responds back.

Update: Received after this post
Last edited by sgomare on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burgertime

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:59 pm

***UPDATE***
received keys about an hour after I posted this message - thank you

Order # 111508
placed Friday Nov15
emailed [email protected]
No email or license as of Nov19 @ 08:58 EST

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Sorry folks: someone ordered with an address with a character in it that made the store's proprietary Python script…break for all subsequent orders. (Please note that we don't write that script ourselves.) Emma noticed and generated new keys this afternoon. Those after order number 11413 are affected, but they should all have emails from Emma now, and they’ll get their keys in the next 24 hours (some have them already).

It’s taken up all of Emma’s support time for today, so she’s a little behind with the usual support (people who’ve mistyped their email addresses, mistyped a number, or haven’t checked their spam folders); she says she expects things to be back to normal by Thursday, and is looking a bit frazzled, so please be nice to her!
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

RaTTuS

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:52 am

How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

blacksheep

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:33 pm

I just wanted you to know, nevermind the licese cost, that's not the issue. We managed to forge the serial number of the Pi board, via JTAG port, and installed the corresponding license. There's no issue with having several boards with the same serial number, it's not as if they could not be in the same network. So, don't pay licenses anymore, change the serial number. So much with the "educational" side of RPi, it surely demonstrated that is possible. U mad, Liz ? No more patronizing users now, hah ? Score!

blachanc

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:29 pm

blacksheep wrote:I just wanted you to know, nevermind the licese cost, that's not the issue. We managed to forge the serial number of the Pi board, via JTAG port, and installed the corresponding license. There's no issue with having several boards with the same serial number, it's not as if they could not be in the same network. So, don't pay licenses anymore, change the serial number. So much with the "educational" side of RPi, it surely demonstrated that is possible. U mad, Liz ? No more patronizing users now, hah ? Score!

can't beleive what you wrote.
doing this for the challenge is one thing, actually willing to steal, and being proud of it is something else.

Ben
Autism/Asperger syndrome: what is your score on this quiz?
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=70191

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:33 pm

blachanc wrote:can't beleive what you wrote.
doing this for the challenge is one thing, actually willing to steal, and being proud of it is something else.
I don't believe what he wrote. He is making it up.

blacksheep

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:18 pm

We did it for the sake of it, not for money or lack of. We don't sell this information, and we won't release it at large. Groups do not hack for money, those that do are shunned rogues no one wants around. There are many reasons we did this, and very few to none are to be found within the official forum. But leave it as you please, take my word withs salt and stick your head in the sand if you don't like the idea. We don't feel like we have to prove it. Thanks.

gsh

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:17 pm

It's easy to pretend you've hacked something with no evidence, just so you understand, if the MPEG alliance and Microsoft get wind of what you purport to have done then the charity will be fined a rather large amount of money for not securing the codecs correctly... The result may mean that we'd have to pay for licenses for _every_ Pi in production which will bankrupt the charity.

Hope you're happy with that

Gordon
--
Gordon Hollingworth PhD
Raspberry Pi - Director of Software Engineering

rvarkelen

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:07 am

Order #114300, haven't received a licensekey yet. I ordered with a guestaccount and received the confirmation by mail. No offense but why does this process takes so much time? I'm not familiar with the techniques used to generate the key, but see no reason why it should take up to 72hr.

Best regards,
Remco

gsh

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:15 pm

If you had put in all the right information in the correct way (i.e. you got the email address right and the serial number correct) then it is completely automatic and you should receive you keys quickly.

Unfortunately when things go wrong it's a manual job to find out what went wrong and that process requires someone who is only working 9-5 mon to friday. It is being worked on to improve the process but those are the limitations

Gordon
--
Gordon Hollingworth PhD
Raspberry Pi - Director of Software Engineering

liz

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:27 am

I don't believe what he wrote either. Nor does the banhammer.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

EmmaAdmin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi,

Just an update for people who ordered keys and have an order number greater than or equal to 114291, this order broke the script that generates the keys so people ordering at some point on and after the 27th of November will not have their keys.

We have located this issue today and are in the process of fixing it, once the script is fixed everyone should have their keys reasonably quickly. I will update the thread once the fix is complete so you can keep an eye out for mail from [email protected], key mails have been known to go into the spam folder.

Current Status: Fix In Progress

rvarkelen

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks, I've just received the keys, keep up the good work!

cbaptiste

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:19 pm

As much as i would like to pretend that i care about your troubles but i don't. I want my keys now. I ordered four of them. My paypal account script did now fail when it sent you my payments.

jamesh

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:34 pm

cbaptiste wrote:As much as i would like to pretend that i care about your troubles but i don't. I want my keys now. I ordered four of them. My paypal account script did now fail when it sent you my payments.
Much as I would like to pretend that I care about you pretending to not care about our troubles, I find that I find that pretending to not care means I find that I pretend to not care at all. Sorry. Or not.

Patience, as I believe Prudentius said, is a virtue.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

cbaptiste

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:15 pm

I have no clue what you are saying.

Can you predict when I would receive my keys please? I need to work on some codes and I need the keys like yesterday.

You guys seriously need to automate this with paypal. Once payment is approved, the key(s) get(s) generated.

Unfortunately not all over us has patience as a virtue.

Return to “General discussion”