harani

Still haven't received MPEG2 Licence

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:53 pm

ordered an MPE2 licence on the 27th August.

Got a PDF very soon after containing order confirmation and instructions on how to install licence when it arrives. (supposedly within 72 hours)
I've had nothing since.

The order showing as completed in the Rpi shop but the only thing there to download is the PDF which states it is "NOT THE LICENCE"

I've sent 2 mails via the shop contact form and one direct to [email protected] with no response.

Please can someone help me ! I've been wating for my order for 2 weeks now :-(

Glen

fstengel

Re: Still haven't received MPEG2 Licence

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:00 pm

I am in the same situation :? . You actually beat me: I was gearing up to post :D

I gather the demand for codecs must be huge and manually generating the licences must be quite a lot of work...

harani

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:29 pm

if that is the case then it would be good to have some official update from RPi foundation to that effect. if they are backlogged, fair enough. but I'd like to know rather than wondering if my order has fallen into a black hole in the system somewhere.

arasoi

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:39 am

I am in the same boat. I have tried e-mailing both te store address and Liz and both are bouncing back as undeliverable. I would love to get this up to speed soon or at least get some feed back from the Pi people.

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:34 pm

That's strange - can you try my address again, please? [email protected]
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

harani

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Have just emailed you at 16:42

regards

Glen

liz

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:47 pm

It arrived. I'll try to get that sorted out for you this evening.

harani

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks Liz :-)

arasoi

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Ello Liz,

I sent you a fresh e-mail this am the 17th of Sep . Hope to hear form you soon.

--Paul

liz

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm

If you do complain here, folks, it'd be helpful for the rest of the community if you come back and update when we sort you out, guys! (And for me; I was chasing up some of your cases when it turned out they'd been dealt with earlier by someone else, which is a bit of an annoying time-suck.)

Everyone else, *please* enter your serial number and email addresses carefully!

harani

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm sorted. thanks once again

Glen

Pauwauw

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:54 am

So, is it fair to conclude that all complaints posted here were due to incorrect email addresses or serial numbers? Meaning that delivery is still within 72 hours of order confirmation?
Just checking since I promised the girls they could watch Pippi Longstockings this weekend (in VIDEO_TS folders)... ;-)

arasoi

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Yay! I have been sorted out and have my Keys. Many Thanks !

Pauwauw

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:46 am

I got mine within the 72 hours as well. No backlog in order handling appearantly. Many thanks!

Tanga

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:32 am

Also having this problem. I have bought 2 MPEG2 licences, and have yet to receive either one. I bought them as a guest, and so have no access to a feedback form on the shop website. I did include an alternative email address for the keys to be sent to, but so far they haven't been sent there either. How do I go about getting hold of my licences? Any plans on upgrading the shop - it's kind of dodgy as things stand.
Raspberry Pi (Raspbian) Tutorials by a fellow noob:
http://noobsquared.blogspot.com.au/

Spoony

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm having exactly the same issue as Tanga as I also bought as a guest. I ordered the license on 29th Sept (over 72 hours ago) but so far only the order and payment confirmations have come through. Loving the Pi so far and can't wait to get my hands on these codecs so if anyone can help I'd be much obliged.

bygottski

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Same for me--I got the "not your license" PDF and payment confirmation right away upon ordering on Sept 29th, but nothing since. Emailed to store and Liz but no replies so far. Ordered as guest so I don't have any more insight into order status. Wonder what's going on?

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Liz (& Eben) who generates the serial numbers is in the states at the moment with sporadic internet but should be back in blighty early next week so you should get your serial numbers then

bygottski

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm

I should have done this earlier--but check your spam folder. Hotmail had flagged mine as junk mail and I never noticed it--my license was actually sent out the day after I ordered it (I forward email from that account to a gmail I have so I rarely actually sign in to hotmail itself).

Spoony

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 pm

My licenses came through today so one happy customer again.

oystein

Can't get my licenses?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi,

Yesterday I ordered the VC-1 and MPEG-2 licenses from the Store. However, when I click the Download files link, the return page says: You have requested an invalid product download. Please try again.

When I log in to the store and select Order status, it says: You haven't placed any orders with us. When you do, their status will appear on this page.

However I have received and order confirmation (Order id: #41271), and my PayPal account has been charged the right amount.

Can someone at the store please check what's gone wrong with this order?

Beste regards,
-Øystein

ezgeezer

Re: Can't get my licenses?

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:12 pm

I too am having the same response when I go to check the order history. It's saying there have been no recent orders even though it was placed the day before. Did you have to get in contact with the store to receive your license key or was it processed within the 72 hours?

rdb

Re: Can't get my licenses?

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Please email [email protected] and they will respond to your query.

Best,
Rob

KaraokeStu

License Key Not Arrived

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, however I'm going to ask anyway! (Sorry!)

I ordered both licenses on Monday evening (at about 8:30pm GMT) and was informed my licenses would be delivered by email within 72 hours. My order number is 49374

Unfortunately it is now 10:30pm GMT on Thursday and the 72 hours has been and gone.

It's a real shame as my RPi is currently all hooked up and waiting for this key to activate my DVB-S stream from my media centre downstairs!

Please could you confirm if your team have sent the mail yet and, if so, whether it is possible to re-send the key to my gmail instead (as I run my own mail servers and they may be overly aggressive!)

Many thanks in advnace.

Stuart

ezgeezer

Re: License Key Not Arrived

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm in the same position as you right now. Ordered Monday and am still waiting (past 72 hours).

I sent two emails to [email protected] without reply as I was concerned that the website was saying that there was no order placed. It looks to me that this could be part of the problem. Strangely though, I did get the email confirmation the same day i ordered.

I'm hoping this won't be too much longer as I have a big collection of recorded TV shows that I can't view because they are MPEG2 encoded.

andy

Return to “General discussion”