Tzarls
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Graphical Programming for the Raspberry Pi

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:11 am

Hi. I´ve been working on a graphical programming system for some time - since even before the Raspberry Pi was launched. I designed it to be totally cross platform, and guess what? It also runs on the RPi! (That makes our app compatible with Windows, Linux <Ubuntu>, Linux<Raspbian> and soon - hopefully - MacOS). The project is still in its initial steps, but I´d like to know if there´s enough interest for something like this.

Here´s a small video I made of the programm running on the RPi, turning a LED on and off, then making it blink a few times. I´d like ot know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVU4mI9hZro

sim_tcr

Re: Graphical Programming for the Raspberry Pi

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm

It looks promising.

Is it available for download?
http://raspisimon.no-ip.org
Raspberry Pi Model B x 2, Raspberry Pi 2 x 2, Transcend 32GB Class 10, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 8GB Class 4, Custom 12V 1.5A (stepped down to 5.5V)

Tzarls
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Not yet. I still have to solve a couple of bugs that have appeared recently and then work on some of the features... from the video you can get that there´s only 1 pin enabled right now. For a decent demo I need to include a "Pin configuration" window, where you can change the direction of each pin (input or output) dynamically, and then work on the input pins so they react and create events when an external (real world) event arrives. So it´ll be some time before I post a working demo...... unless people really start asking for it! ;)

canibalimao

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Excellent idea! Like sim_tcr said, it really looks promising.

Hope you get to the "usable" version fast :D

Return to “General discussion”