techybpr

pistore apps not running

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:57 pm

hello,

i'm new to linix and pi, i have managed to update the raspberry pi and update the pi store, i have been able to download some apps and games from the store and install them. However, these dont appear on the system anywhere, when i go back to the pistore i can see them and launch them. after clicking launch they dont run... am i doing something wrong? please help!

Pankoi

Re: pistore apps not running

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble running apps. Would you mind telling me which ones in particular you're having trouble with or if none work at all?

Thanks very much,
~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.

techybpr

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:43 pm

unfortunatly i cant get any of them to run!

techybpr

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:37 am

Hello, I have managed to download the apps and when they install (when the terminal pops up) it says that they have installed, however in the starts desktop it states that its not been installed, really frustrating! Really have know idea what's going on!

RobBowker

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:00 pm

hi guys,
Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem.

I downloaded the Raspberry Invaders Tutorial, in order to learn how to program and make something that actually works. I have done "sudo apt-get update && apt-get install pistore" in the terminal however when I click launch in the Pi store Library a small window opens up saying.

This file 'readme.txt' is executable. Do you want to execute it?

When I click Execute nothing else happens....

Sorry I know I have wrote quite a lot but wanted to give you guys as much information as I can.
I wanted to know how to fix it? Also where are the files stored when downloaded from the Pi Store?

Pankoi

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi there RobBowker,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble launching Raspberry Invaders.

It sounds like a bit of an odd one. I've got some ideas which I'll look into - I'll aim to get back to you tonight. :)

Apologies for the inconvenience,
~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com

Pankoi

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:21 am

Hi again,

I've been able to reproduce the problem and I'll work on a fix for a future update. For now, you can fix it by entering sudo chmod -x /usr/local/bin/indiecity/InstalledApps/raspberry-invaders/Full/readme.txt into a terminal.

Thanks for the bug report. :)

Hope that helps,
~Richard Williams

RobBowker

Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi,
Thank you very much for getting back to me and posting a fix!

How did you know how to fix it?

It's not exactly what I expected however it does work, what exactly does that command line do?

Thanks again!

Rob

Ps sorry for the late reply

Motze

Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:02 pm

so far ive been able to login and download 3 out of 10 apps ive tried...the others stay in queue and keep retrying to download and failing. any ideas?

DrPiD

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 am

Motze wrote:so far ive been able to login and download 3 out of 10 apps ive tried...the others stay in queue and keep retrying to download and failing. any ideas?
Can you navigate to /usr/share/indiecity/pistore/scripts in the terminal and run the enablelogging.sh script. Once you've done that, run the Pi Store application again and it will generate a log file here: /home/USERNAME/indiecity/pistore/General.log

If you post the contents of the log file here or email them to [email protected], I can take a look into what's going wrong.
Community Manager - IndieCity

rmstarr

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:46 pm

I am having the exact same problem with LibreOffice. Download, successfully installed. When I use the 'Launch' button on the Pi Store it flashes 'App running' for a split second and disappears. I cannot locate any LibreOffice files using the FileManager either.

Bear with me I am very new to this but having a lot of fun (except for this). Any suggestions?

Pankoi

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with running Libre Office. If you type 'libreoffice' into a terminal, what happens?

Thanks,
~Richard Williams

rmstarr

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Result:
bash: libreoffice: command not found

rmstarr

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 pm

I downloaded OpenArena and it launches and runs fine from the Pi Store. (Whoops, spoke too soon. Just lost keyboard, mouse and USB wireless adapter functions. Well, first things first...)

Pankoi

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 am

Hrm - sounds like LibreOffice hasn't installed properly. Would you mind navigating to ~/indiecity/pistore and e-mailing the contents of the Scripts.log file to [email protected] please? If you mention it's for me, it should find its way to me. :)

Thanks,
~Richard Williams

rmstarr

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:38 am

Thanks for your time. It was nothing more than a poor internet connection. Wired vs. wireless. Wireless kept dropping out during download and installation. Everything is working perfectly.

Thanks again.

Return to “General discussion”