orangepeel

Cepstral (or Alternative)?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Howdy

I have been running a few scripts on my CentOS machine and I am looking at converting them over to run on the Pi.

I use Cepstral/Swift to convert text to speech and convert it to a mp3 for export/email

I was wondering if anyone has any details if Cepstral is available (or going to be available) for use on the Pi?

If not - is there any TTS software that also outputs a audio file (mp3) - that also does a reasonable job at the TTS conversion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

orangepeel

Re: Cepstral (or Alternative)?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Further to the above - I have tried Festival and Espeak - however I am looking for a more "personal" voice rather than the "robotic" voice

cmagnollay

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi,

I know you have posted on the Cepstral forums before about this, and just wanted to let you know that we decided to port over at least our Cepstral Callie voice to Raspberry Pi so that people who have been requesting this can use her. If there is a lot of interest, we could very well do more in the future.

http://www.cepstral.com/en/raspberrypi

Please visit our forums to let us know how it goes and what you are doing it with it as we would love to know!

https://www.cepstral.com/forums/viewtop ... =2&t=84724

Happy Pi Day!

orangepeel

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks for the reply

Was just about to advise everyone on here of this great news!

sdjf

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm

There is no pricing information on that page, seems to get more information or purchase, one must call their phone number and it does not work - try over and over, and all it does is ring and then turn busy. 412-432-0400?

The link to the forum is useless from lynx browser, on dialup, it is the best way to browse, with no SSL. Seems they do not want people visiting with a text browser just to read their forum without posting.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

orangepeel

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 pm

You can email them

I'm just waiting on a reply

Return to “General discussion”