millers

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:41 am

Hey everyone, Millie here. I loved coding. <3

Gandalf1409

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:09 am

Hi, my name is Jacques (Jac to most around here - Vietnam).

I have lived and worked in Vietnam for almost 20 years now. I am an engineer who is hooked on computers, amongst other things, and have recently gotten back into coding. The Raspberry Pi has been available here for some time and with my media streamer and some other computers having reached end of life, the Pi seemed to offer a sensible replacement for most of these at a reasonable price :)

I run Linux machines (although my employer insists on using Windows) and I love things open source .

Will need some help to get going, but hopefully can also contribute as I have spent the last 40 years fiddling with computers in one way or another. I am also a dedicated hacker - not the white or black hat type, one who will re-purpose anything he can find to do something he needs to get done.

Cheers,

Gandalf.

PS. If you haven't figured it yet, I am originally South African and love British humour. - G

leoted

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:37 pm

hey, i am aashirvad kr. I love playing games on PC and also want to play with computer tools and internal operating features. As a writer, I have shared many awesome works on my website.

andrea.miclausig

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:28 am

Hey everyone! I'ma Andrea, a very beginner when it comes to coding and Raspberry in general. I'm here for work, mainly!

dhan521

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi, I am Dhanu. It was nice to be here at this forum. hope to have a great time here.

ImArthas

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:46 am

Hi, Jorge Salinas here... I'm from Venezuela, quite far away from a lot of people in this thread but that is awesome, my english its kinda trashy but I do my best, I just wanna give it a try to the raspberry pi because I wanna use it for programming and pentesting (kali linux, for educational and good purposes and ubuntu mate) and maybe gaming (retropie). I have 34 and got my degree in software design on my country.

I wanna make good friends and learn much as I can.

Pleased to meet you all, and big hugs to everyone!!!

Edward_W_Hood

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:24 am

Hello my name is Edward and I am trying to find a US based server which has the Rasbian image? Every time I try and download it from the foundations website it fails.

I hope someone can provide some guidance. Thanks

cymbelemicropt

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi
RF background - systems integrator at work. Have a lot of dumb questions about Raspberry Pi. It seems to be a cool SBC. I have worked with the MinnowBoard and want to get to know the Raspberry PI.

Jackx429

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:41 pm

I’m Nick,
I’m a Welder with a slight IT background from back in high school and just playing around on my own. New to the raspberry pi field, and always looking to learn.

GOGORASPBERRY

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:57 am

I’m Miao,
I am a raspberry store owner and also playing with raspberry pi. Who want free raspberry pi 3B+ samples in US and CA can contact me by techtestmiao at 163 dot com.
Last edited by GOGORASPBERRY on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

gregnier

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:41 pm

Hello, I'm gregnier and live in Fremont, CA, USA. I'm trying to wrap my mind around all this Raspberry Pi stuff. At present, I'd like to get my Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ to communicate on my local computer network. Second, get OctoPi 0.15.1 installed, working on the Raspberry Pi and interacting with my Prusa i3 MK3 3D printer. Thirdly, My ultimate goal is to be able to observe (I've built and installed a Raspberry Pi camera on the 3D printer.) and control the 3D printer remotely from my cell phone.

Problems:
1) Can not get Raspberry Pi networking with my other computers.
2) I've downloaded OctoPi 0.15.1 but can not get it installed and working in Raspberry Pi 3 model B+
3) I finally gave up and purchased a pre-installed OctoPi on an additional mini 32GB SD card ($40). This card does not appear to completely boot the Raspberry Pi. Now I have two 32GB SD cards. Neither of them accomplishes what I want.

Successes with the first 32GB card:
1) Successfully formatted SD card.
2) Installed the Linux operating system.
3) Installed Chromium and got it to communicate with the internet.
4) I downloaded several utility programs: Angry IP Scanner, Putty, Notepad ++. None of which was able to install and made to work.

As you can see, I'm buried with technical issues and desperately need help. It seems I run into brick walls at every turn. Can anyone offer assistance?

RasPaxn
Contact: ICQ Website Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Google+ Skype Twitter YouTube

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Just a typical homegrown amateur being still curious of everything (since C-64 Basic).

jackaroo

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am

Jan from Germany (where this is a boys name), "jackaroo" because I have family in Australia, and they made that a nickname for me...

Started with a Sinclair ZX-81 (Zilog Z80-based) first with basic, then in assemply. Many other µCs since. - Overslept most of M$-Win, but had to use DOS anyway. Went to Linux in 1995, added to several projects (mostly i4l, iptables and i2c).

Today I'm doing minor automation things for a hobby, but also µC-based self-controlled watering for a neighbouring gardener and cool-house cooling for a butcher (I don't do the cooling, but my devices control, report and inform).

Cheers, Jack.

====

My eyes see "MicroSoft", my brain reads "NanoWeak" - Linux since Kernel 1.0.36

jackaroo

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 am

Quick addendum, what I'm here for, at all:

Pi is the perfect platform to prototype and to interface new projects. It works out of the box, has all common protocols and is open for own ideas, which can be easily realized. Plus, vast documentation and a community, if questions remain in spite.

Doom2

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:01 am

I play Doom...

lionelspagna

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi Guys, i'm Leonardo Cortes, i'm here because i want use Raspberry pi for some projects like Voip.
I'm software developer in a company, i love programming in different languages like c++, c#, java, php, js, zend etc.......
I hope to find valid resources!
Good job to all.
Love Computer Science

Return to “General discussion”