Bradhogg

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:10 pm

I am back again into this board. Please accept me guys. Thanks!

maryelbert3

Introducing

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:25 am

Hey there, I’m a Mary Elbert and student of bachelor and living in New Jersey. I am a fan of technology, blogging, web development, and writing. also reading. Nowadays I am writing about sms gateway from thetexting.

saisols.com

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello - I'm with SAI Solutions and we have just release a site that allows remote control via the Internet without setting up NAT/Dynamic DNS or opening firewall ports for your network.

Working on an app that will allow control from phones/tables.

https://rprc-docs.saisols.com/Introduction.html

reverendfuzzy

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:16 pm

I am Reverend Christopher Mayeux, but most folks call me "Reverend Fuzzy". I just got my first Raspberry PI (which is a 3), and loaded it up on Raspbian. I am acquainted with many operating systems, and have been writing software in diverse programming languages, from the usual Basic, right up to C# and PHP (and various assembly languages in between). However, I am relatively new to Python... I can navigate it easily, but still have much to learn.
My hobbies (aside from programming and electronic tinkering) include reading, writing (up to 2 books now), playing guitar, and the construction and operation of high voltage apparatus.
I hear some of you asking what I do for a living... well, I'm a non-denominational Minister, and I run a small independent church, here in Hattiesburg MS. Don't be afraid to talk to me... I won't try to "convert" you, or render any sort of judgement on you. :D
Questions? Comments?
--
Reverend Fuzzy
Pastor, MSB Ministries
Hattiesburg MS USA

Rigger Gray-Hat

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Greetings everyone.
you can call me Rig.
i'm new into technology but i'm ready to learn. the only tech i own at this time is A acer laptop and my viking 10 pro tablet. :oops:

I have no background in tech or coding of any kind.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. ~ Oscar Wilde

martinluke

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:07 am

What’s up, I’m Martin. I’m a web developer living in Palo Alto, California. I am a fan of technology focusing on talent management services/softwares . My website is http://guidesfortalentmanagement.com . I also do web programming, and development. I’m also interested in outdoor games, video gaming and home networking. I'm also a freelance in-premise and onlaiechnician .

FredVasco

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 am

Hi) Nice to meet you all, i am Fred)

charlietango_22

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi, Michele from milan, italy. Tech addicted, got a couple of RPI 3 for last Christmas...I'm probably going to buy a few dozen more :-)....

pbo

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:54 am

Hi, I'm Pierre, working with a couple of Raspberry Pi Zero W, Java, NFC readers, and some more accessories...

LiamX8

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:00 pm

hi im liam, learned programming in school many years ago so a little out of touch never had ago at python so I have got a raspberry pi and here I am hope people can help along the way working on a control system for my pool heating and pump and boiler control getting there one bit at a time!

VJP

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:23 am

Hi, 71 year old ex farmer/lift tester, retired last year. Started with Commodore C16 basic and machine code. Only ever bought 2 PC's in a box, all the rest were home builds, much easier to sort any problems on. My first PC (a 186) was a scrapyard rack mount with a monitor from another long forgotten 1/2 room size computer which needed drastic surgery to work with the 186. It lasted several years before it died in spectacular fashion. Have dabbled with Linux for many years. Pet hate is people who complain about every OS except the one they use. As far as I'm concerned they all work and have their own quirks.
We wunt be drove

Teqherself

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 am

Helloooo, I'm stevie

I've been dabbling with, scavenging tech, building webstaions and basic sites. I've surrounded by computers since my early teens & i'm now 45 eeek. I have a trusty pi that i sit with for hours on end mostly focusing on media center/desktop/retropie. Curiosity got the better of me and since then i've tested my pi on various projects mostly server based or afore mentioned media centers. I am by far no where near as advanced as anyone here but the pi keeps my sanity in check, such a great device.

After giving myself many small projects over the years including dabbling with mini atx, i was glad to come across the pi project and eventually be able to purchase one of the early boards. I do intend to purchase some upto date boards asap.

Raspbian has brought life my beloved crappy netbook - eee pc 701 8g(modded), also my hp server blade which is like a super pi :D .

I'm here to learn more - i struggle with absorbing info so be patient with me ;)

My pi has done such tasks: web host, streaming - nginx-rtmp-module, modxcms site, wordpress site, retropie, kodi, personal icecast dev host, rasplex, file server....... basically when ever i've needed to learn linux based projects, i've usually used the pi first to have a probe and bump my learning curve & keep costs down. I will eventually replace for current tech then be giving the older one away to a friends boy who is very much getting into all aspects of technology.

Anyway - hi, feel free to chat
Gendemik
Stevie Woo
Angry Rabbit Records
I_AM_ARCHiTEKT
I make little boxes emit repetitive bleeps in public & swing spanners at pedal cycles! :roll:

lelemkop

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am

140/5000
hi my name is Emanuele, I am passionate about raspberry. I use it in the office for any application (web server, print server and nas).

slow_bear_ro

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Hello ,
I am Razvan, from Romania.
Passionate about penetration testing (hence using Raspberry a lot on the fly) and I have very little experience with forums.

Successful raspberry projects:
-Torrent seeder
-Wi-fi spoofer
-game props (mostly Fallout franchise ) also some of them in process
-various python and linux testing environment

Best regards,
Razvan

silver0708

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:13 am

Hi my name is Silver, I am from the Philippines (I guess no one from my country are here, how sad :( )
Anyways, I am using Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, I am not a hacker but I love its small footprints as well as because it has low power consumption.

I am happy to be part of this thread if I am welcome :)

Macaltec

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello to all. I am very new to the Pi technology. I have a Pi3 B. I initially want to use it a Spotify client and then branch out from there. I found this https://youtu.be/Sx-lcn2P3CA and it seems to do exactly what I want to accomplish. There are assumptions made in the video about skill levels that I do not feel I have yet. I did manage to install Rune but am not happy with it. Anyway, thanks for having me. Looking forward to learning.

Creaky

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:54 pm

Just joined up and starting to play around with the pi, have a lot to learn.

yashdodo

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 am

Hey my name is Yash Dodeja and I'm a full-time blogger.

I run multiple websites and my 2 main websites are www.bloggerscloud.com and www.gadgetarmy.com.

Recently I have published a new post on my website Bloggerscloud. You can read it here: https://www.bloggerscloud.com/seo-interview-questions/

And on GadgetArmy you can read the following latest post here: https://www.gadgetarmy.com/top-10-best- ... 000-india/

gpjma

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:58 pm

I could well be described as a geek, with my head in electronics and physics and stuff. I started programing...oops sorry...coding, back in the early 70's along with PLC development work for machinery automation. In those days any computer nerd worthy of the name had the covers of his computer permanently off to allow for a quick tinker.
I wish that the Raspberry Pi had been around in my younger days, its a joy to work with this gear and although I am new to this platform I am well involved with several projects employing Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
I hope to learn a lot from everyone on the forums and I hope that at some stage I will be able to contribute. :ugeek:

troyh68

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:24 am

Hello My Name is Troy I have been playing/coding/playing with Raspberry Pi for about a year now. I have three actually. I am finding myself using my RPi more than my laptop these days. A project that got me hooked was creating a wireless "call" for our material movers on the plant floor at work. We needed something that was cheap, easy to run and flexible. To make a long story short myself and one of my colleagues found these awesome little machines and my love affair was launched. We placed the RPi inside a weather proof box, created a quick little webpage for each work station to just push a button and the location was sent to the RPi via WiFi and a pixel board.

Now I am trying to do all kinds of things with these wonderful machines. I hope to be able to contribute someday but will be satisfied in just learning. .......................for now! :)

mjhaider

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:59 am

Hi this is MJ Haider, a 30 year old BCA Gradute and a professional tech blogger at https://www.howali.com. I like tech stuffs and therefore I write on Windows 10, Android, iPhone, VMware, Software Discount Coupons etc. This was about my professional life.

Now talking about my personal life, I am married and have one kid with whom I like to spend my free time. I am still living with my parents in a joint family.

Amaldev

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:55 am

Hi I am Amal,

Started learning about computers and electronics from mid nineties. Apart from working in Tech, I also contribute content to wiki projects and https://eventslate.com a local event sharing site.

I got my first computer in the late nineties and I still have some parts of that with me. 64 MB RAM was a decent memory those days. Started with Pascal, C, Delphi, Java. The list goes on.

However, apart from the specs, it is interesting to note that nothing much has changed from a computing device architecture. Now we have multi-core processors, RAM in GB, HD in TB, but computing is essentially the same and learning it doesn't require a supercomputer.

I am excited to learn about this little piece of a computing device. Small is better when it comes to learning. You get to know things at a more fundamental level and then learn as you go.

Me married and we both love travelling.

optimatech

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:51 am

My name is David. I am from Lewisberry, PA, USA. I am glad to be a part of this forum. I am an electronic engineer working for optimatech which is one of a best electronic assembly companies in the USA.

Code: Select all

Printed Circuit Board Assembly

EMS assembly

MCPCB Manufacturer

rmcellig

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:28 am

My name is Randy. I have been a linux user for a few years now and love it. I host a weekly jazz radio show and am always looking for cool things to explore, like the Raspberry Pi. Still not sure what I would use it for other than a minimalist PC. The possibilities seem endless after watching some videos on youtube. The forum looks friendly and knowledgeable as well which is a BIG plus for me.

_matteo

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi,

I'm Matteo from Italy.

Total noob about what concern Raspberry and Linux but really curious to learn and try with the PI.

Hope to bother you soon :?

Return to “General discussion”